10,000 points keep dissapearing

Old Apr 22, 19, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
10,000 points keep dissapearing

Part of the stay unlimited promo

I complete a fifth stsy, get the bonus 10k. On the next stay they are removed. Complained last time and got them back, but just happened again. What does one do?

is it just me?
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:00 am

Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post
Part of the stay unlimited promo

I complete a fifth stsy, get the bonus 10k. On the next stay they are removed. Complained last time and got them back, but just happened again. What does one do?

is it just me?
Iíve had a LOT of problems with points not posting / unposting in the last 3 weeks, including bonuses. On one occasion Diamond desk wrote back to say the points had indeed been posted, when my balance was showing less than the points value they claimed to be posted...Diamond desk is generally useless of late, template responses, so Iíve had to ask the hotels to take it up with HH support (which they have done, including screenshots from their systems). Still awaiting a reply.

Old Apr 22, 19, 6:08 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Well the promo is nearly over so just complain again.

For me, the promo worked perfectly and my stays this year have posted faster than ever, so it's a shame that when something goes right for some people it goes wrong for others.
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Same issue here.

Points show posted in the “all points activity” page under the stay-specific points breakdown. However, my grand total never reflected the additional 10k points.

I DM’ed the Twitter team and they said I was wrong. They opened an investigation and promised an email response in 48 hours. That was 6 days ago.
Old Apr 22, 19, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Well the promo is nearly over so just complain again.

For me, the promo worked perfectly and my stays this year have posted faster than ever, so it's a shame that when something goes right for some people it goes wrong for others.
Agree with this. For all of 2019, Hilton has been a well-oiled machine when it comes to my account. Most stays are posting inside of 20 hours.
Old Apr 22, 19, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Agree with this. For all of 2019, Hilton has been a well-oiled machine when it comes to my account. Most stays are posting inside of 20 hours.
What about milestone bonuses starting at 40 nights? None of mine have posted.
Old Apr 22, 19, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post

What about milestone bonuses starting at 40 nights? None of mine have posted.
I think so? Though tough to keep track given that the current promo is sort of similar as well.
Old Apr 22, 19, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
This happened to me this morning. Any one figure out the best way to get them to identify the problem?
Old Apr 22, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Choice Platinum, Caesar's Platinum, MLife Pearl
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
Same issue here.

Points show posted in the ďall points activityĒ page under the stay-specific points breakdown. However, my grand total never reflected the additional 10k points.

I DMíed the Twitter team and they said I was wrong. They opened an investigation and promised an email response in 48 hours. That was 6 days ago.
This is a problem. There is no running total statement showing how the total changes as activity occurs, so unless you keep separate and meticulous records, there is no way to prove that something showing up in your activity did not actually move your total. I do not think this is by accident.
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy View Post
This is a problem. There is no running total statement showing how the total changes as activity occurs, so unless you keep separate and meticulous records, there is no way to prove that something showing up in your activity did not actually move your total. I do not think this is by accident.
Yes correct but not sure why a simpler method of accounting is not being used. I had a 10,000 point reduction happen a while ago that they said wasn't missing that got corrected by reposting a stay trying to fix something else which ended up proving to me it was missing.
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy View Post
The only reason I noticed the missing points is because I keep a spreadsheet of all of my HHonors activity. Every stay, every dollar, every point for the last 6 years.

I started the spreadsheet because Iím a nerd. I maintain the spreadsheet because of issues like this.

Search this Thread