FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   10,000 points keep disappearing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1966397-10-000-points-keep-disappearing.html)

kingcole974 Apr 22, 2019 12:48 am

10,000 points keep disappearing

Part of the stay unlimited promo

I complete a fifth stsy, get the bonus 10k. On the next stay they are removed. Complained last time and got them back, but just happened again. What does one do?

is it just me?

EGW1 Apr 22, 2019 6:00 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974 (Post 31024349)
Part of the stay unlimited promo

I complete a fifth stsy, get the bonus 10k. On the next stay they are removed. Complained last time and got them back, but just happened again. What does one do?

is it just me?

I’ve had a LOT of problems with points not posting / unposting in the last 3 weeks, including bonuses. On one occasion Diamond desk wrote back to say the points had indeed been posted, when my balance was showing less than the points value they claimed to be posted...Diamond desk is generally useless of late, template responses, so I’ve had to ask the hotels to take it up with HH support (which they have done, including screenshots from their systems). Still awaiting a reply.

:D! Apr 22, 2019 6:08 am

Well the promo is nearly over so just complain again.

For me, the promo worked perfectly and my stays this year have posted faster than ever, so it's a shame that when something goes right for some people it goes wrong for others.

aww3583 Apr 22, 2019 6:40 am

Same issue here.

Points show posted in the “all points activity” page under the stay-specific points breakdown. However, my grand total never reflected the additional 10k points.

I DM’ed the Twitter team and they said I was wrong. They opened an investigation and promised an email response in 48 hours. That was 6 days ago.

arlflyer Apr 22, 2019 7:49 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 31024836)
Well the promo is nearly over so just complain again.

For me, the promo worked perfectly and my stays this year have posted faster than ever, so it's a shame that when something goes right for some people it goes wrong for others.

Agree with this. For all of 2019, Hilton has been a well-oiled machine when it comes to my account. Most stays are posting inside of 20 hours.

HHonors OUTSIDER Apr 22, 2019 8:25 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 31025091)
Agree with this. For all of 2019, Hilton has been a well-oiled machine when it comes to my account. Most stays are posting inside of 20 hours.

What about milestone bonuses starting at 40 nights? None of mine have posted.

arlflyer Apr 22, 2019 9:49 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER (Post 31025193)

What about milestone bonuses starting at 40 nights? None of mine have posted.

I think so? :p Though tough to keep track given that the current promo is sort of similar as well.

jwvw89 Apr 22, 2019 12:20 pm

This happened to me this morning. Any one figure out the best way to get them to identify the problem?

Voodoo Daddy Apr 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 31024918)
Same issue here.

Points show posted in the “all points activity” page under the stay-specific points breakdown. However, my grand total never reflected the additional 10k points.

I DM’ed the Twitter team and they said I was wrong. They opened an investigation and promised an email response in 48 hours. That was 6 days ago.

This is a problem. There is no running total statement showing how the total changes as activity occurs, so unless you keep separate and meticulous records, there is no way to prove that something showing up in your activity did not actually move your total. I do not think this is by accident.

HHonors OUTSIDER Apr 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy (Post 31025977)
This is a problem. There is no running total statement showing how the total changes as activity occurs, so unless you keep separate and meticulous records, there is no way to prove that something showing up in your activity did not actually move your total. I do not think this is by accident.

Yes correct but not sure why a simpler method of accounting is not being used. I had a 10,000 point reduction happen a while ago that they said wasn't missing that got corrected by reposting a stay trying to fix something else which ended up proving to me it was missing.

aww3583 Apr 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy (Post 31025977)

The only reason I noticed the missing points is because I keep a spreadsheet of all of my HHonors activity. Every stay, every dollar, every point for the last 6 years.

I started the spreadsheet because I’m a nerd. I maintain the spreadsheet because of issues like this.

alwaysflyingLA Oct 28, 2019 5:44 pm

It just happened to me again! 10,000 points disappeared from my account - a second time. First time happened in the summer. I reported to HH and was told that points were redeemed for a stay at Hampton Inn somewhere. Now, it happened again - I am more and more convinced that there is a glitch somewhere.