Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Questions re booking a Hilton for friends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions re booking a Hilton for friends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re booking a Hilton for friends

We'll be visiting a Hilton in the Netherlands with friends for a night this June. I'm booking a room for my wife and myself with points, and a second room for our friends as a revenue stay. Pardon the basic and even stupid nature of these questions, but I've never booked a room for friends before, so:

1. Could I simply book the second room (that is, the one for them) under my name?
2. If I am able to do so, will they get my Diamond perks, such as a complimentary breakfast? (I assume not, but thought I'd ask.)
3. In paying for their room with my Hilton Aspire card, will I get the same points multiplier as if I were the room occupant?

Thanks for any help with this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. Yes.
2. Maybe. You don't mention the hotel. Dutch hotels are quite generous, and if it has an Exec Lounge perhaps you would have at least access there for both rooms.
3. You'll get the value of the total folio, max two rooms, so yes, you'll get the points but one stay/night credit.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
1. Yes.
2. Maybe. You don't mention the hotel. Dutch hotels are quite generous, and if it has an Exec Lounge perhaps you would have at least access there for both rooms.
3. You'll get the value of the total folio, max two rooms, so yes, you'll get the points but one stay/night credit.
Thanks! FWIW, it's the Hague Hilton.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now back with a couple more questions:

1. Is there any difference between booking the second room under my name versus that of my friends, in terms of their treatment or anything else? I'd be paying for both rooms in any event, whether in points or money.
2. And for that matter, any difference between booking the second room with points or cash (or a combination, for that matter)?

Assume the answer in both instances is "no," but thought I'd ask.

Last edited by Thunderroad; May 1, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 4:21 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Now back with a couple more questions:

1. Is there any difference between booking the second room under my name versus that of my friends, in terms of their treatment or anything else? I'd be paying for both rooms in any event, whether in points or money.
2. And for that matter, any difference between booking the second room with points or cash (or a combination, for that matter)?

Assume the answer in both instances is "no," but thought I'd ask.
If you book the room under their name, they certainly won't get any of the Diamond benefits. Booking under your name, they may possibly get the benefits, including access to the Exec lounge and breakfast. Benefits are the same whether you pay with cash or points. You are allowed to get the base points for two rooms and Diamond bonus points, so that is an extra benefit when both rooms under your name.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
If you do book the second room in your name, make sure to list your friend as an additional occupant. That way s/he will be able to check in/out without you being there, or get a key reflashed, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.