Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir {TUR}

As there is no dedicated thread relating to this property, I thought I would add one as it has become a viable option when transiting overnight through the new IST airport.

Currently, there are two properties close to the new IST airport. One, the Yotel in the airport terminal, and another Radisson Park Inn somewhat nearby. Both are price gouging as they consider themselves the best/only options for an overnight transit.

The Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir is about a 35 minute taxi ride from the new IST. I stayed there a few days after the airport opened and was quite impressed, especially given its extremely low price point. My rate was 266 TRY (AI) ~$47 USD. As I couldn't get a WiFi signal at the airport, and I was too tired to try harder, I took a taxi to the hotel. The driver suggested the toll road, at an additional 25 TRY, and I accepted. The fare with tolls and tip came to 125 TRY, ~$22USD. Not cheap, but certainly convenient. The driver spoke excellent English and knew where the hotel was located. I also accepted his offer of a ride to the airport the following morning as a convenience more than cost efficiency.

The Hampton is eight years old, but looks and feels brand new. As a Diamond, I was treated like royalty. I don't think they get many elites at that particular property. I was offered a choice of beverage and snack, but just wanted a diet Coke. The room I was assigned, on the top 6th floor, ticked all the boxes. There was even a fruit plate left in my room as an amenity. I wish we saw that type of Hampton in North America. It was spotlessly clean, with all furnishings and hardware in top condition. The only wrinkle was punitively slow internet, which I found out was confined to my room and not the hallway outside my door or any of the public areas.
Breakfast was very good, with fresh scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, French fries (yes, that's correct), salads, breads, waffles, cheeses, olives, cold cuts, etc. The selection was better than most Hamptons in Europe, let alone North America.
Next to the hotel is a shopping concourse that offers a number of retail, dining and banking options, including a large supermarket. While certainly not a substitute for Taksim Square or the Bosphorus areas of Istanbul, as a comfortable overnight while transiting, it is certainly worthwhile.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3FbyXEC6miXaa9SA
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I used the hotel again as I had a short layover in IST. This time the taxi driver from the airport did not use the toll road, and the drive took about 40 minutes. His GPS got us lost at one point close to the hotel, but after asking a security guard for directions, all was good. The final fare was 100 TRY ~17.50 USD. The following day, at 04:00, the taxi driver proactively took the toll road and the final fare was 115 TRY ~ $20 USD, and took less than 25 minutes.

I was again assigned a room on the top 6th floor, but this time the internet worked just fine. The front desk associate told me they had moved around some of the access points. As well, I received the same fruit plate and chose a diet Coke as my snack option. I must say, the young staff were really helpful and eager to provide assistance in any way. They ordered my taxi for my very early departure, called to ensure its timely arrival, provided a live wake up call and phoned the room shortly after my arrival to see if everything was in order. They seemed genuinely excited to have a Diamond guest, and rather gleefully remembered me from the week before, quite the boost to my ego. I will continue using the property for short layovers at IST, as I find it quite convenient and appreciate the great staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.