Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Challenge but failed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
Question Diamond Challenge but failed

HI, I am a gold member and would like to take up the Diamond Challenge status match. What if I have failed the challenge due to some reasons, will my Gold status remain until Mar 2020? Please advise, Thank you.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:42 am

Your inconsistent verb tense makes it impossible to discern what you're trying to ask.

Have you previously taken a challenge from Hilton, and, if so, what was the outcome?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:40 am
Community Director Emerita

I think you are asking if you take the challenge but don't stay enough to get the new status, will you continue to have your current status? If this is the question, then yes, you will continue to be gold til whatever time that status is currently due to expire.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I think you are asking if you take the challenge but don't stay enough to get the new status, will you continue to have your current status? If this is the question, then yes, you will continue to be gold til whatever time that status is currently due to expire.
Indeed.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Yes, you will keep your current status.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Bonjour8850
HI, I am a gold member and would like to take up the Diamond Challenge status match. What if I have failed the challenge due to some reasons, will my Gold status remain until Mar 2020? Please advise, Thank you.
Yes ... but to state the obvious, time your request for a challenge carefully based on planned travel so that you will not fail!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It is a much better idea to do the challenge in early 2020. If successful you'd then be Diamond until March 2022. If not, but you still do 4 stays, you'd be Gold until 2022.

The difference between Gold and Diamond isn't enough IMO to go for it now...
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
Thank you all for the advise/update. I have not started the challenge, so that is the reason I am concern - not able to fulfill.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Generally, Hilton only runs the challenge for 3 months, from April to end of June. I have done it before and the best way to make it easy is to get a cheap local room somewhere if you need a few extra nights.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The difference between Gold and Diamond isn't enough IMO to go for it now...
This is important.

I chased status for a few years. I'm self-employed, so everything was coming out of my pocket. I finally wised up and figured out I was paying more annually (choosing a Hilton over an equally-rated but cheaper non-Hilton) than the value of what I was getting out of the status perks.
Beano and ronniewb like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:24 pm

Was Silver status and took the Gold challenge for 90 days due to my upcoming travel activity. If I make it, great, if not, no biggie. I do agree with writerguy above. After doing the math, paying $600 (staying 4 nights within 90 days) to reach diamond status isn't worth the $200 of free breakfasts that I would earn with Gold in the coming year. Staying in cheaper hotels can be hit and miss though. I suppose hotels have a monetary motivation for these status matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.