Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

Old Apr 12, 19, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Arrow Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

For nine months I've had a reservation at the Paris Niepce Curio for a week in the latter part of May using HH points. Today I've received a letter from the "Relocation Team" based in Texas saying the hotel would not open as expected (I thought it opened many months ago?) and they had moved me to the nearest available hotel, the Hilton at Paris CDG airport. They have refunded the surplus points to my account.

This is unacceptable to me - I am not having a week in Paris and commuting daily from CDG. There is availability at the other Hilton Family properties in Paris for my dates but no standard reward availability. Premium reward rooms are available at most hotels including Paris Opera Hilton. Rooms,( but no standard rewards just premium), are also available at the other Curio in Paris, the Maison Astor Paris.

Before I revert to the Relocation Team (or the Diamond Desk?) I'd appreciate any advice as to my options. Of course, hotel costs have escalated since I booked and I could be considerably out of pocket. My feeling is that they should be the ones bearing the cost of this, not me.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Apr 12, 19 at 12:06 pm
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:08 pm

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Sounds totally unacceptable, you should be relocated to a better hotel, if at all. What a ridicule excuse, that 'team' is a shame to any hotel in the Hilton system. You committed your time to this trip, you're not traveling from the other end of the world to be put away in an airport hotel.
Old Apr 12, 19, 1:00 pm

If the "relocation team" prove to be useless, which lets face it, won't be a shock. I would contact the other Curio and the Hilton Paris Opera and explain the situation. Call in and ask to speak to the Revenue Manager. Offer to send the emails you've received. It's within their power to open up a standard redemption for you. I presume that won't be anymore expensive in points than you originally paid.

This could be an easier way to resolve this. You could also ask this "team" to do the same thing but I would be keen to resolve it myself.
Old Apr 12, 19, 3:27 pm

Unacceptable. You should be accommodated at a better hotel. Donít settle for the airport and fight for points compensation in addition to a premium relocation
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 6:36 pm

Has anyone actually stayed here?
Old Nov 5, 19, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Originally Posted by jbandy10 View Post
Has anyone actually stayed here?
Bumping this to see if anyone has stayed there and can offer a review. Also interested in any Diamond treatment/upgrades, and what the neighborhood is like. Thanks.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Nov 5, 19 at 5:49 pm
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:38 pm

After a lot of thought, I cancelled my reservation for this property. Looks like it's mostly Queen beds and the location seems a little remote. Would love to hear from anyone who's had a stay.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: