Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Arrow Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {FRA} (France)

For nine months I've had a reservation at the Paris Niepce Curio for a week in the latter part of May using HH points. Today I've received a letter from the "Relocation Team" based in Texas saying the hotel would not open as expected (I thought it opened many months ago?) and they had moved me to the nearest available hotel, the Hilton at Paris CDG airport. They have refunded the surplus points to my account.

This is unacceptable to me - I am not having a week in Paris and commuting daily from CDG. There is availability at the other Hilton Family properties in Paris for my dates but no standard reward availability. Premium reward rooms are available at most hotels including Paris Opera Hilton. Rooms,( but no standard rewards just premium), are also available at the other Curio in Paris, the Maison Astor Paris.

Before I revert to the Relocation Team (or the Diamond Desk?) I'd appreciate any advice as to my options. Of course, hotel costs have escalated since I booked and I could be considerably out of pocket. My feeling is that they should be the ones bearing the cost of this, not me.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Apr 12, 2019 at 11:06 am
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: HH D
Removed message. All these bumps in a row: think this is getting unstable.
Don't want to end up under a pile of not a thing.

Last edited by Sisosig; May 22, 2022 at 3:07 am
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the "relocation team" prove to be useless, which lets face it, won't be a shock. I would contact the other Curio and the Hilton Paris Opera and explain the situation. Call in and ask to speak to the Revenue Manager. Offer to send the emails you've received. It's within their power to open up a standard redemption for you. I presume that won't be anymore expensive in points than you originally paid.

This could be an easier way to resolve this. You could also ask this "team" to do the same thing but I would be keen to resolve it myself.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Unacceptable. You should be accommodated at a better hotel. Don’t settle for the airport and fight for points compensation in addition to a premium relocation
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:36 pm

Has anyone actually stayed here?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Originally Posted by jbandy10
Has anyone actually stayed here?
Bumping this to see if anyone has stayed there and can offer a review. Also interested in any Diamond treatment/upgrades, and what the neighborhood is like. Thanks.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Nov 5, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:38 am

After a lot of thought, I cancelled my reservation for this property. Looks like it's mostly Queen beds and the location seems a little remote. Would love to hear from anyone who's had a stay.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Bumping this thread again. I'd be particularly interested in Diamond treatment/upgrades, what the suites are like, if anyone's stayed in the suite with the hot tub, and what the neighborhood is like as a place to walk around, dine, hang out, etc. I know it's not in the center of things, tourist-wise, though am interested in whether the nearby catacombs and the tower with the view are worth a visit. Anyway, any impressions would be welcome.

Thanks for any info and advice.

Last edited by Thunderroad; May 19, 2022 at 1:58 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Bumping this thread again. I'd be particularly interested in Globalist treatment/upgrades, what the suites are like and what the neighborhood is like as a place to walk around, dine, hang out, etc. (I know it's not in the center of things, tourist-wise). But any impressions would be welcome.

Thanks for any info and advice.
Bump
Old May 16, 2022, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Bump
Re-bump.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You mean Diamond treatment I guess? This is not Hyatt so Globalist won't matter.

​​​​​​
Old May 17, 2022, 7:33 am

I had a stay booked here but it was a victim of the pandemic. I know the neighborhood well since I used to stay there regularly for work. My office was actually on the very outskirts of the city but the Gare Montparnasse made the very easy to commute daily. I would rather jump on the 12 Metro than stay outside of the city. It's a very lively area, plenty of food and shops. With the Gare, the Montparnasse metro station and multiple other metro stops in the area, it's a breeze to get around.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Bumping this thread again. I'd be particularly interested in Diamond treatment/upgrades, what the suites are like, if anyone's stayed in the suite with the hot tub, and what the neighborhood is like as a place to walk around, dine, hang out, etc. I know it's not in the center of things, tourist-wise, though am interested in whether the nearby catacombs and the tower with the view are worth a visit. Anyway, any impressions would be welcome"

"Thanks for any info and advice."

Originally Posted by demue
You mean Diamond treatment I guess? This is not Hyatt so Globalist won't matter.

​​​​​​
Yes. Thanks! SMH. I've changed my previous post from Globalist to Diamond accordingly.

Originally Posted by MissJ
I had a stay booked here but it was a victim of the pandemic. I know the neighborhood well since I used to stay there regularly for work. My office was actually on the very outskirts of the city but the Gare Montparnasse made the very easy to commute daily. I would rather jump on the 12 Metro than stay outside of the city. It's a very lively area, plenty of food and shops. With the Gare, the Montparnasse metro station and multiple other metro stops in the area, it's a breeze to get around.
Thanks.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
"Bumping this thread again. I'd be particularly interested in Diamond treatment/upgrades, what the suites are like, if anyone's stayed in the suite with the hot tub, and what the neighborhood is like as a place to walk around, dine, hang out, etc. I know it's not in the center of things, tourist-wise, though am interested in whether the nearby catacombs and the tower with the view are worth a visit. Anyway, any impressions would be welcome"

"Thanks for any info and advice."

Yes. Thanks! SMH. I've changed my previous post from Globalist to Diamond accordingly.

Thanks.
Stayed here a few months ago - staff very friendly. Booked a queen and hoped for an upgrade to a king / which are in very short supply in this property. No diamond benefits besides water in the room and breakfast (pretty ok for french hiltons but not comparable to the new canopy).

We had an issue with the AC and got moved to a junior suite for the next night night. Same AC-issues but more windows to be opened.

On the arrival night we were curious to check out the restaurant which looks very nice in the evening but they were unwilling to seat us due to being too late (9.30pm) - more or less normal dinner time for us in Paris.

I would consider it if the price is good (120-ish) and always nice to stay in another part of town. Overall not too impressed.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not the kind of review I was hoping for, but still good to know. Thanks.
DrLudwig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.