Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Even Dunkin Donuts is subject to being hijacked! The fiends!

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5...onuts-marriott

we hotel patrons aren’t the only ones being robbed. This article talks about the bigger picture, and gives a little insight into the market our stolen points are going to.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Having seen this continue to be a big issue I find myself now almost daily checking my HHonors account even if I have no activity to see if my points are still there.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:13 pm

Have you had any luck with Hilton Honors? My points were stolen 4/4 and have not received any responses other than Robo messages.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
This happened to me last month. They got around 200K points. I got the same emails about my account being linked to Amazon, etc. I emailed the fraud department and the points have since been restored. Around an hour after this theft happened, I received a text from Marriott to verify a Bonvoy transaction. I assume they were looking to steal these points also. Luckily, Marriott was using two-factor authentication, so they didn't get those points. I'm not sure if my passwords were the same for both accounts. Why doesn't HH use two-factor also, especially when hundreds of thousands of points are involved?
Old May 15, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Fell victim to this scam last weekend. Agent who filed the fraud claim assured me I'd get my points back, but in the meantime I can not redeem an Amex Aspire reward certificate. Hope this clears up soon.
Resolved today with new HH number. Investigation started on 5/6. Will take another week for account history to be imported and three weeks to receive a new member card. Asked if there was any way to permanently prevent Amazon transactions in the future and was told it's not possible at this time. Sad that they're not willing to at least temporarily suspend the program until they find a security fix. And now they've introduced the same program with Lyft!
Old May 16, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
FWIW: I was on the phone w/Hilton Customer Service a couple of days ago about an email I received. During the course of the conversation the rep mentioned that the Hilton-to-Amazon transfer program had been discontinued due to fraud issues.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:20 pm

This is a disaster program. My Hilton account was drained 300k points by a fraudster and used at Amazon. I contacted Hilton and the rep I talked to promised that I will get my points back. It has been 3 days since I called. Will call them back tomorrow if I don't hear anything from them.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:42 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
FWIW: I was on the phone w/Hilton Customer Service a couple of days ago about an email I received. During the course of the conversation the rep mentioned that the Hilton-to-Amazon transfer program had been discontinued due to fraud issues.
It's still showing as an active program on HH's site....
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
I fell victim to this on May 31, so it's still an ongoing problem. I called in immediately, and was told would hear something in 3 to 5 business days. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything back. From those who have been through this, any updates on how long this takes?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Happened to me today, 299k points. Amazon said nothing in their end, Hilton was a three hour nightmare of their computers down, dropped calls and then finally a rep who sounded like it had never happened to anyone else but me, but said it would be 14 days or more for the fraud dept to investigate and gave me most of the email at Amazon my number was attached to and that I should deal with it, like I have the power to control someone else’s Amazon acct. She did say like above posters to link the new acct number to my Amazon acct so no one else could, but I see that will not be fool proof. Do I need to contact Amex with the eventual new number for deposits from my credit card? I am so livid. This happened to my Radisson acct last year and also had my entire Discover Bank balance transferred out by wire, and my MacBook never leaves the kitchen table!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:13 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
“”This happened to my Radisson acct last year and also had my entire Discover Bank balance transferred out by wire, and my MacBook never leaves the kitchen table!””

So sorry this happened. I’m super overly cautious about my financial info. I have a laptop at home that I do Nothing but financial stuff on. I have never visited any other websites with that computer and never visit the banks sites from any of my other computers. Kinda crazy but You never what new stuff the bad guys will come up with.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Tomphot
“”This happened to my Radisson acct last year and also had my entire Discover Bank balance transferred out by wire, and my MacBook never leaves the kitchen table!””

So sorry this happened. I’m super overly cautious about my financial info. I have a laptop at home that I do Nothing but financial stuff on. I have never visited any other websites with that computer and never visit the banks sites from any of my other computers. Kinda crazy but You never what new stuff the bad guys will come up with.
I hope you're as super overly cautious when it comes to passwords and have strong unique passwords for *every* online site you visit. I'd still pick that the vast majority of people getting their accounts hacked use the same passwords on multiple sites.

Not visiting any other sites with your computer won't prevent your accounts from being compromised if you use the same password everywhere and this is compromised online.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Amex will need to be contacted with the new HH account number for applicable cards. And FWIW the HH account history has not transferred from my old account number after a month. Not sure it ever will.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:51 pm

Need a way to block this "benefit"

Hhonors needs a way for us to block this feature so that someone can't use our points on Amazon.
I would never want to use my points this way.
Sisosig, MoodyB and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kcpdmp
Hhonors needs a way for us to block this feature so that someone can't use our points on Amazon.
I would never want to use my points this way.
I absolutely agree and would very much like that ability.
aroundtheworld76 and MoodyB like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.