Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This is immensely irritating that Hilton hasn't done anything and the longer this goes on the more suspicious I am that part of this has been from a hack of Hilton's systems, perhaps ongoing hack. Feels like we are getting our pockets picked methodically one by one. I know I am starting to get really paranoid about this as actually had a dream last night my Hilton points got stolen and I now check my account every morning even if I don't need to.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
It's been 8 business days and crickets from Hilton.

Incredible, I am now really pissed
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AA
Has anyone asked for or received bonus points for the inconvenience?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, HiltonHonors Silver
It’s been several weeks since I spoke to Hilton about the Amazon problem and tonight I received this...

Thank you for contacting Hilton. Upon further account review, we have identified suspicious account activity.

Please be assured this activity does not have any bearing on the integrity of our systems. Thanks

Upon remediation, 0 Hilton Honors points have been returned to your Hilton Honors account, correctly bringing your current points balance to 710,837.

It is imperative that you now create a new password for your account. To ensure the utmost security for your Hilton Honors account, we recommend creating a unique password never before used for Hilton Honors or any other accounts. Repeat password use significantly increases the risk of accounts becoming compromised.

As an extra security measure, we recommend enrolling in Two-factor Authentication by logging into your account and editing contact method on your account profile. Should you need further assistance, please contact our Honors Department at 1-800-4HONORS.

You will receive a separate email with a hyperlink and instructions on creating a new password on the Hilton Honors website, www.hiltonhonors3.hilton.com. Please take a minute to confirm and update the information in your account.

Hilton takes information security very seriously. We have continued to take steps to enhance the security features of the Hilton Honors program.

Should you need further assistance relative to this matter, please email us at [email protected], or contact our Hilton Honors Customer Service Department at 1-800-548-8690 or http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html.

Sincerely,

Fraud Agent HHFP - Diagnosis and Response Team (DART)

Interestingly I also received a separate email which I believe to be fraudulent that also has my name and said that the addition of a new email to my account was successful.

so frustrating!

Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:28 am

So is this email real? This email returned zero points? Do I understand this right?

Originally Posted by Pjray55
It’s been several weeks since I spoke to Hilton about the Amazon problem and tonight I received this...

Thank you for contacting Hilton. Upon further account review, we have identified suspicious account activity.

Please be assured this activity does not have any bearing on the integrity of our systems. Thanks

Upon remediation, 0 Hilton Honors points have been returned to your Hilton Honors account, correctly bringing your current points balance to 710,837.

It is imperative that you now create a new password for your account. To ensure the utmost security for your Hilton Honors account, we recommend creating a unique password never before used for Hilton Honors or any other accounts. Repeat password use significantly increases the risk of accounts becoming compromised.

As an extra security measure, we recommend enrolling in Two-factor Authentication by logging into your account and editing contact method on your account profile. Should you need further assistance, please contact our Honors Department at 1-800-4HONORS.

You will receive a separate email with a hyperlink and instructions on creating a new password on the Hilton Honors website, www.hiltonhonors3.hilton.com. Please take a minute to confirm and update the information in your account.

Hilton takes information security very seriously. We have continued to take steps to enhance the security features of the Hilton Honors program.

Should you need further assistance relative to this matter, please email us at [email protected], or contact our Hilton Honors Customer Service Department at 1-800-548-8690 or http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html.

Sincerely,

Interestingly I also received a separate email which I believe to be fraudulent that also has my name and said that the addition of a new email to my account was successful.

so frustrating!

Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Sincerely,

so frustrating!

I received the verbatim email this morning.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
So is this email real? This email returned zero points? Do I understand this right?
I believe it to be real. It had my full name (which I did not include) as well as my points. The 0 points is based on my prior post where I was lucky enough to call and have my account frozen and my password changed before my points were drained.

My guess and it is only a guess is that there must have been some time of breach with Hilton. It seems all the accounts being targeted have a significant amount of points and how would someone know which accounts to target without access to totals?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Janepod

I received the verbatim email this morning.
Did you happen to receive the follow-up email which was mentioned? i personally did not.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:59 pm

Did you happen to receive the follow-up email which was mentioned? i personally did not.
I have not - at least, not yet.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:28 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I called on Friday and asked if there was a way to lock down my account, there isn’t. The agent told me that the Amazon scam is happening at a number of programs and that Hilton is working on adding a second level of security on the accounts.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:54 am

For Hilton to give the BS about the scam happening at a number of programs means the whole Amazon transfer process is deeply flawed and should be immediately shut down for good. Yet, Hilton doesn't do that, and instead leaves everything vulnerable. How much time have I wasted on this, how much time have all of you, and other customers?

The problem is Hilton and it's Amazon too - they BOTH designed a poor system.

Originally Posted by Tomphot
I called on Friday and asked if there was a way to lock down my account, there isn’t. The agent told me that the Amazon scam is happening at a number of programs and that Hilton is working on adding a second level of security on the accounts.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge

...As an extra security measure, we recommend enrolling in Two-factor Authentication by logging into your account and editing contact method on your account profile. Should you need further assistance, please contact our Honors Department at 1-800-4HONORS...
If this email was indeed genuine has anyone succeeded in adding 2FA to their Hilton account as suggested? I can't see how to do it.

Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
If this email was indeed genuine has anyone succeeded in adding 2FA to their Hilton account as suggested? I can't see how to do it.

Thanks.
Neither can I unless they consider the immensely irritating I am not a robot test the second factor.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Miesque
[...] the immensely irritating I am not a robot test [...]
Concur. In strong terms. And that's an understatement.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Followup: I called Hilton Customer Service and asked about setting up 2FA on my account. They said it wasn't available at this time. So I can't help but wonder why Pjray55 received an email suggesting 2FA as an additional security measure and to call in if help was required. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing at Hilton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.