Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

My hotel is advertising that it has A/C, but it's not turned on...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My hotel is advertising that it has A/C, but it's not turned on...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you want Hilton family[...]
Is the Homewood Suites just south of Mall of America still there? That was my go-to hotel for a while.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Same setup at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA. And next to the 680 HWY as well, so no windows open is not an option.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We were at a Residence Inn, in Atlanta, in May. It was hot. They had a pool. The pool was full of water, but could not be used because the City was slow in approving the pool for opening.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I think hotel rooms get stuffy even when it is cool outside. I was blasting the AC in London last week when it was 50 degrees outside. I keep my house on 65 in the summer. I am never ever ever cold. The rest of my family can just put on more sweatshirts!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
That hotel must have been built when the next door Hilton MSP hotel was. Another hotel that is 'either' heat or AC. Stayed there last year in March, way too hot, windows would not open. And yes over 75 is way too hot IMO to sleep in.

Why is it always the case that hotels with central heating and cooling are ALWAYS too stuffy and never cool down properly?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you want Hilton family, on the other side of the Mall of America, there's another Embassy Suites, a newish Hilton, and a big Doubletree, all overlooking I-494, vaguely near the MN 100 and France exits (look for Bloomington in the hotel names) so these are far from the light rail. IIRC there's a newish Hampton Inn too in that area.
Originally Posted by serpens
Is the Homewood Suites just south of Mall of America still there? That was my go-to hotel for a while.
Thank you both. Truthfully, my wife is Hilton and I am Hyatt, so we sometimes have "issues." Being the dutiful husband that I am, however, I keep my mouth shut.

MSP, you hit the nail on the head. When we booked it, we were attracted to the light rail location. By the time we got there, everything in the area was full.

Serpens, we are big fans of the Homewood Suites in St. Louis Park. Love those big suite properties, especially with kids.

Mike
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by serpens
I think I've seen their sign recently.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikeef
Thank you both. Truthfully, my wife is Hilton and I am Hyatt, so we sometimes have "issues." Being the dutiful husband that I am, however, I keep my mouth shut.

MSP, you hit the nail on the head. When we booked it, we were attracted to the light rail location. By the time we got there, everything in the area was full.

Serpens, we are big fans of the Homewood Suites in St. Louis Park. Love those big suite properties, especially with kids.

Mike
I'm a fan of the newish Hyatt Regency (with lounge) near the airport when I need an airport parking package. It has somewhat IKEA style furniture, but it seems much better than anything else with an airport shuttle, although not as good as the Westin Edina Galleria. The location is about halfway between your DoubleTree and the MOA. Plus, there's a light rail station right across a very pretty park that's one block square (and provides pretty views day and night for rooms on the south side of the building).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by timfountain
Same setup at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA. And next to the 680 HWY as well, so no windows open is not an option.
Also at the Embassy Suites LAX both North and South. LAX North wouldn't be too bad, but South is close to a runway.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I had completely forgotten about this thread, but my recent correspondence with Hilton has reminded me that I needed to update it.

A few days after I started the thread, I filled out the email customer survey that they sent me. We had had numerous other problems than the A/C, so the review wasn't the best one that I've written. I completely forgot about it until a few days later, when corporate customer service emailed me, apologized for the stay and told me that the hotel had sent a gift card. I thought that was a nice gesture.

A week or so later, I hadn't received the gift card, so I emailed back to customer service. They told me "Recently you contacted Hilton with your comments regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis-Airport, MN on April 9, 2019. We understand that the hotel has been in touch with you and we wanted to make sure that your concerns were resolved to your satisfaction." I wrote back and indicated that they hadn't contacted me, and that I still hadn't received the promised gift card.

The next day, I received the following: I am very happy to see that the Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport has contacted you and send the certificate. I have reached out to the hotel on your behalf via email detailing your issue and requested to update your file with a resolution. By now, all I could think of was the (likely apocryphal) story of the hotel soap.

I emailed again, and they told me that I had to wait three weeks before they could reissue the gift card. At the three week mark, I checked in with them, confirmed my address and asked them to resend it by FedEx or UPS. That was two weeks ago.

We're now up to 14 emails that have gone back and forth. Clearly it's fruitless, but the whole thing has become so hysterical that I'm just going to enjoy it for now.

Mike
Old May 14, 2019, 7:43 pm

I search Tripadvisor hotel reviews for complaints about AC and for windows that open, especially for European hotels. I would not have expected to have worry about that in Minneapolis in winter, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.