Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Night Credit for Digital Check-in & Digital Key (no-show)?

Old Apr 4, 19, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

If you use Digital Check-in and get your Digital Key on Hilton, can you check-in on the app, never visit the hotel, and still get night credit? Or does Hilton track whether you used the digital key to see if you are no-show?
Old Jun 15, 19, 2:57 pm

I have the same question

Let me know if you got an answer
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Maybe if you're very lucky, but I sure wouldn't count on it!
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 5:12 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
I do know that the front desk can definitely see if your Digital Key has been used to unlock your room's door.
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Benco View Post
Let me know if you got an answer
yes it worked for me, but I wouldn't count on it as it could really depend on the property and also you're not even sure if digital key is going to work on Hilton anyway as it's not very consistent.
Old Jun 15, 19, 7:58 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Depends if this is worth it... if you are no-showing is it possible you could shift to another night around the same time? Could be worth contacting the property to ask. But if you are just flat out not going to go there and no show then the digital key thing has been proven to work sometimes to get you stay and night credit... but not every time. Worst thing that can happen is you get no stay and night credit, if you try it... which would happen anyway if you didn't try it...
Old Jun 15, 19, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
You are checked into the system when the digital key is issued and would receive credit for the night as the system views it as a stayed night. The only exception is if you get the report to front desk message where a key is not issued in which case you are not checked into the system and would go to a no show.
Old Jun 16, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
I had a stay where I could not make it it the hotel and it was a non refundable room so I tried the digital way but alas no credit for me

I did not get the message report to FD but I guess they were more alert then others. So clearly a YMMV and property dependant issue
Old Jun 16, 19, 3:14 am

This sort of thing is something that should be caught at any decently-run hotel. Where I worked, it was something done during the night audit. The digital check-in report is compared against the list of that cblaisd notes above. If the Digital Key wasn't used to unlock the door, the folio is switched to no-show status.

Also, keep in mind that any decently-run hotel will have someone audit the night audit. That's a second chance for problems like this to get caught. While the night audit is done nightly, that secondary audit is sometimes done in batches. That means any night/stay credit that appears on your account might get clawed back several days later.
RafKa likes this.