Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Change in policy for gifting award nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum

I was just having lunch with my sister. We are both diamonds. She went into this long explanation of what she said was some new policy where no one except the account holder can use the points. What? I give away most of my points to friends and family. Is there some new policy I’m unaware of?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I just book it under my name and add the other persons name to the reservation. Never had an issue.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:28 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
I was just having lunch with my sister. We are both diamonds. She went into this long explanation of what she said was some new policy where no one except the account holder can use the points. What? I give away most of my points to friends and family. Is there some new policy I’m unaware of?
Think we would have heard if that rule had changed. T & C's still state: "The Reward may be issued to the Hilton Honors Member, or to any other person, as directed by the Member."
:D! likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
No.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

I think your sister just doesn't want to share her points with you.
englisha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.