Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

"Your Diamond status has been extended!"

Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Just got an email with the subject "Your Diamond status has been extended!" claiming my status has been extended until March 2020.

The website is currently showing me at 10 stays and 34 nights which includes 24 rollover nights. I'm actually 1 or 2 higher than that due to stays in recent days.

The only way I can get near requalification is if I double-count the rollover nights, which gets me to 60 night exactly. Not sure if that's what's happened or if that's just a coincidence...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I got it as well. Haven't read it yet...I assume it applies to status earned in 2018. I am very far from earning Diamond this year, although I will eventually.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
I got the same email and hoped that Lifetime Diamond had come early! Unfortunately this just confirms what almost everyone already knew - if you secured Diamond during the calendar year 2018 you're Diamond until the end of March 2020. So no news or excitement at all!

bmifly
wizla and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by bmifly
if you secured Diamond during the calendar year 2018 you're Diamond until the end of March 2020. So no news or excitement at all!
bmifly
I got an email saying I got Diamond due to my Amex Ascend spend ... I certainly did not put $40k on that card I did, however, got Diamond through stays. And I should have it through March 2020 regardless.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
My question is. Is 03/31/xxxx the normal status reset date?
I tend to ignore expiration dates as I requalify at whatever level sometime between Sept and Oct of the calendar year.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:48 pm

Interesting. I just got an email saying that my Diamond Status will be changed to Gold on April 1 based on my 2018 travel. I have a total of 2 nights at any Hiltons in 2018 and one of them was using the last Citi Weekend Cert I got before cancelling the card back in 2017. I got Diamond because I spent $40K on the card back in 2017.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Same email just received - very timely......
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
My question is. Is 03/31/xxxx the normal status reset date?
I tend to ignore expiration dates as I requalify at whatever level sometime between Sept and Oct of the calendar year.
Yes, discussed here frequently. If you earned Diamond (or the other levels) in 2018, you will hold that level to March 31, 2020, at minimum.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by miasmal
I got an email saying I got Diamond due to my Amex Ascend spend ... I certainly did not put $40k on that card I did, however, got Diamond through stays. And I should have it through March 2020 regardless.
I am in exactly the same boat, though I think I qualified on nights last year, rather than stays. Do have the Ascend, but nowhere near $40k. Probably closer to $2k, since the only thing I ever use it for is to earn bonus points on personal stays.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just got the notification too - my app stated I earned Diamond status in 2018 and had this for 2019 - now get the notification that I have silver.

I spoke to an agent who had extended Diamond as I had some issues with stays crediting last year - I guess this hasn't happened.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My e-mail subject is "Username, you've extended your Diamond status! " - so, I guess that means I have qualified on my own...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I was told yesterday that my Gold status has been renewed until March 2020 because of my spending on my Amex Surpass.

I actually did not spend a penny on the card in the last year (except for the fee) and about a month ago I canceled it, took the no-fee version, and received a $55 rebate from the annual fee.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by username
My e-mail subject is "Username, you've extended your Diamond status! " - so, I guess that means I have qualified on my own...
Mine uses that same language which I also took to mean that I have qualified on my own for Diamond status 2019, its not that new courtesy extension which I can't recall when it applies.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
For all the complaints against Marriott - many justified - they never gave away top tier status the way HH has...for a long time.

Guess that translates to the value of what it is really worth...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by miasmal
I also got this email... and do not even have the AmEx Ascend card!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.