Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amending an Award Stay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Amending an Award Stay

Is there any way to amend the dates which in my case shortening from 2 nights to 1 night without changing the room type or award rate? The HH Contact Centres and Hotel are no help as they kept referring me to one another as they have no access to amend it.

Started from HH Live Chat where they referred me to contact hotel directly which I did and hotel referred me to HH email. After contacting HH email, they referred me to HH Hotline and they referred me again to HH Diamond email. Once again, they can't do anything an refer me back to HH hotline.

Just for a night's amendment, i'm being referred around in circles and still NO ONE has the access to amend my dates. The hotel is Hilton Suhkumvit BKK.

Any advices?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
How about making a separate reservation for the one night and, if the rate works out, book and cancel the original booking? What's your time frame?
travelinfoo likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Abidjan
How about making a separate reservation for the one night and, if the rate works out, book and cancel the original booking? What's your time frame?
I tried but the room type isn't available and the next room type award shot up to 58K per night. I booked standard room type at 20K per night last month.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I would call the hotel again. Hopefully a different agent does the trick. Wouldn't hurt.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by nivla83
I tried but the room type isn't available and the next room type award shot up to 58K per night. I booked standard room type at 20K per night last month.
Your best bet is to work with the hotel. Hilton reservations can only work with what they have. From their standpoint, the award you are looking for is no longer available.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nivla83
Is there any way to amend the dates which in my case shortening from 2 nights to 1 night without changing the room type or award rate? The HH Contact Centres and Hotel are no help as they kept referring me to one another as they have no access to amend it.

Started from HH Live Chat where they referred me to contact hotel directly which I did and hotel referred me to HH email. After contacting HH email, they referred me to HH Hotline and they referred me again to HH Diamond email. Once again, they can't do anything an refer me back to HH hotline.

Just for a night's amendment, i'm being referred around in circles and still NO ONE has the access to amend my dates. The hotel is Hilton Suhkumvit BKK.

Any advices?
Having had to go through this process a few times recently, hotels can not amend award stays. This must be done over the phone with Hilton Customer Care.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:27 am

As aww3583 notes, a hotel can not make or modify a reservation using points. It must be done on the website or Central Reservations. But, the only way a modification can happen is if there is availability. In this case, there is no availability.

Now, someone at the hotel is responsible for controlling room availability. Typically, that's a Revenue Manager or Reservations Manager. If you call the hotel during normal business hours, you may be able to reach that person. Even if she or he agrees to open up availability, that person doesn't have the ability to change your reservation.

That's why you keep getting sent to different entities.

In order to get what you want, the first step is getting the hotel to agree to the change. No one at Hilton Corporate/Honors/Central Reservations has that authority. It has to be the hotel.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
As aww3583 notes, a hotel can not make or modify a reservation using points. It must be done on the website or Central Reservations. But, the only way a modification can happen is if there is availability. In this case, there is no availability.

Now, someone at the hotel is responsible for controlling room availability. Typically, that's a Revenue Manager or Reservations Manager. If you call the hotel during normal business hours, you may be able to reach that person. Even if she or he agrees to open up availability, that person doesn't have the ability to change your reservation.

That's why you keep getting sent to different entities.

In order to get what you want, the first step is getting the hotel to agree to the change. No one at Hilton Corporate/Honors/Central Reservations has that authority. It has to be the hotel.
Getting the person at the hotel to agree to the change, then getting them to communicate with Central Reservations would do the trick. This all takes a lot of time... not sure if they'll be willing to do it. The process is cumbersome.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:19 pm

Possible Work Arounds

I am guessing that you want to shorten your stay by checking in a day later than currently reserved. If not, and you want to cancel the second night, ask if they have an early departure fee. If so, ask how much it is, and if they will waive it.

If you want to check in a day later, things will be tricky if they are selling out. The best chance would be to call the hotel during their work day but before 0100hrs US Central Time. When you call, do not follow any voice prompt that mentions reservations. (Those will take you to a call center that probably can't help.) When you get through to the hotel operator or front desk, ask if they have an in-house reservations department. If you get through to them, explain what you are trying to do and ask them if they will let someone from the Diamond Desk make the change you want. If they agree, keep them on the line and call the Diamond Desk. Conference everyone together and the hotel can let the Diamond Desk rep cancel your current reservation without it going into the hotel's usual inventory control , and re-book it as a points stay.

The situation will take some wear and tear because the reservations agents (e.g. Diamond Desk reps) can't control the hotel's inventory, and the hotel can't make a points booking. So, what seems conceptually simple, is agony.
writerguyfl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.