Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reservation of two rooms, do I have to do anything to get points & benefits for both

Reservation of two rooms, do I have to do anything to get points & benefits for both

Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold

Hi all, Sorry for having to ask a simple question: I made a reservation for two rooms through hilton.com, which has a record of my status. Do I need to do anything to ensure I get points and Diamond benefits for both? I have looked through threads and it seems a lot of the discussion is about combining separate reservations on a single folio etc.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Yes. You need to ask the front desk to put all charges for both rooms onto the folio of just one room even though they are in the same reservation already. I believe that there is a term for this, but I can't recall exactly what it is. Maybe "rounding up" or something like that.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Yes. You need to ask the front desk to put all charges for both rooms onto the folio of just one room even though they are in the same reservation already. I believe that there is a term for this, but I can't recall exactly what it is. Maybe "rounding up" or something like that.
I thought that you got points for 2 rooms as standard?

I actually have 3 rooms booked for a property in June. I need to explore putting all the charges into one folio as that would be a result. Have you done this before and it worked?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
I thought that you got points for 2 rooms as standard?

I actually have 3 rooms booked for a property in June. I need to explore putting all the charges into one folio as that would be a result. Have you done this before and it worked?
Per the T&Cs you can get credit for a maximum of two rooms and as the other poster noted they need to be billed to one folio. There's a chance 3 rooms may 'sneak through' as long as they're on the same folio but would not count on it. Note also that some types of bonus points apply to the first room only, and you only get stay/night credit for one room:

See https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...rual_of_points "Accrual of Points" #5 :
A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses (e.g. promotional miles), Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only.
Edited to add: Don't think you can 'get around' this by booking rooms at different properties. If you have multiple overlapping stays you'll only get credit for whichever stay happens to post first.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Per the T&Cs you can get credit for a maximum of two rooms and as the other poster noted they need to be billed to one folio.
As of several months ago (likely a result of the IT change) this is no longer correct. Two rooms booked under the same HH number but on separate folios now receive credit with no hassle/intervention. I do this frequently and no longer bother to request a combined folio.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld

As of several months ago (likely a result of the IT change) this is no longer correct. Two rooms booked under the same HH number but on separate folios now receive credit with no hassle/intervention. I do this frequently and no longer bother to request a combined folio.
I have never asked about putting charges on one folio and have always received points for two rooms. Not arguing what the T&Cs say, but that has been my experience.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I have never asked about putting charges on one folio and have always received points for two rooms. Not arguing what the T&Cs say, but that has been my experience.
My experience has been quite the opposite! Whenever I've booked two rooms on one reservation, the hotels have always split the folios and I end up getting credit for only one room.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've had the experience where the hotel has combined folios alright, and then the system gave me zero points because it saw the stay on the "empty" room.

​​​​​​Once, when only one of the two rooms posted, the Hilton rep refused to give me elite points for the second room, base points only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.