Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

“First Come First Serve” Rooms with Reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“First Come First Serve” Rooms with Reservation?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Should a refund be expected if the new room costs less than what was originally booked?
Yes, of course, although the hotel might offer other amenities instead.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I looked before I posted the question. I didn't find any, so thanks for confirming that. Starwood used to have a bed type & non-smoking guarantee but only on paid reservations for gold+.
Hampton Inn is the only Hilton brand offering a 100% guarantee that I am aware of. It is available to all guests as a brand standard.

Starwood was bought by Marriott which has, and continues to have, a guaranteed room type for all elites at US/Canada locations. Elsewhere the room and bed type guarantee is for Titanium only. Marriott has a smoking preference guarantee as well for elites. Marriott guarantees are for all reservations, not just paid, and have clearly defined compensation.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Segments

Hampton Inn is the only Hilton brand offering a 100% guarantee that I am aware of.
Homewood also has:
https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e.../response.html
"If for any reason you are not satisfied, just let us know. We'll make it right or your night's stay is free."

Hilton Garden Inn has one that is not quite as explicit, but close
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...t/promise.html
"Our Promise. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any hotel team member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed"

And Home2Suites also has a 100% guarantee explicitly stated:
https://home2suites3.hilton.com/en/about/index.html
"We guarantee an engaging experience and clean, comfortable accommodations. If you aren't completely satisfied, let us make it right or that night's on us."

If my bed/room type were significantly downgraded, I wouldn't hesitate to invoke these guarantees. After all, Hilton does send out emails that are labeled "Confirmation." That's a pretty non-ambiguous word.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Homewood also has:
https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e.../response.html
"If for any reason you are not satisfied, just let us know. We'll make it right or your night's stay is free."
Ding, ding, ding! We have an answer for the OP whose parents were at a Homewood Suites.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Had an interesting scenario happen today with my parents, who (like me) are HH Gold members. They booked a room with a specific bed type for a weekend stay at a suburban Washington DC Homewood Suites months ago. They arrived tonight around 6 (so not a late arrival) only to be told there were no rooms available for them. The explanation was that specific room types were given out on a “First come first serve” basis at check in, even if a reservation existed. They were offered a room with different beds than they wanted. Eventually the hotel did offer them their bed type in a “downgraded” room (assuming a studio instead of a 1 bedroom suite) and a discount off the rate.

We’ve certainly run into situations when booking a room where a bed type isn’t available but I’ve never heard of reserved room types not being honored at check in because other people had arrived before them and taken the rooms. If it’s a maintenance issue, I surmise they would have been told such. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I have had this happen to me before. I was a Diamond, and I called the hotel to let them know my flight was delayed. The front desk agent said they were holding my room for me (it was guaranteed with a credit card). I finally got there around midnight, and the agent I talked to was at the desk. I had reserved a king suite, and was given a regular room with double beds.

I immediately made a uturn with all of my stuff and went back down to the lobby. After 5 minutes of arguing, they finally agreed to reduce my room rate since I had booked a suite and wasn't given one. But I was exhausted, and my choices were to accept the room or be walked.

Last edited by Jaunts; Mar 12, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.