Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre {CAN}

Old Feb 28, 19, 5:51 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre {CAN}

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

5515 Eglinton Ave W Toronto, ON CA M9C5K5

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre {CAN} (8 Photos)

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

I had Homewood Suites stays in two different properties in the Ottawa region last week, and now this week Homewood Suites near Toronto Airport which makes comparisons easier.  While the two in Ottawa were new constructions, the one in YYZ has seen better days.  However they make up for it with more generous Diamond upgrades.

When I arrived at the airport the shuttle bus was already waiting so I did not have to call.  The hotel is 10+ km from the airport so not the most convenient location for a quick overnight compared to the Hilton which is only 3km away.  While it might not make a big difference time-wise in terms of how long the shuttle ride takes, because Homewood Suites is more intended to be for people being in the hotel for a longer period of time, the shuttle bus schedule reflects that: to return to the airport, the bus is only available every hour which is not the most convenient schedule.

The Homewood Suites is right next door to a Hampton Inn and they share the shuttle bus.  In fact the two hotels are connected so it is ideal for a mattress run particularly during stay-based promos such as right now.  You don’t even need to set foot outside to check-in and check-out.  

Room

I booked a king 1-bedroom suite which is the cheapest room type along with the studio suite.  As Diamond I was not upgraded at any of the two Ottawa Homewood Suites last week, in part because Homewood Suites is not a brand that participates in upgrades, and because I was a first-time guest at those properties so they did not have to go out of their way to give me extra benefits beyond the rules. The same could be said of the Homewood Suites at Toronto airport but I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite nonetheless which was a pleasant surprise.  This room type sells for double the price of the 1-bedroom suite so it was quite generous. 

Off the entrance of the room you have a small kitchen and a living room.  Both on the left and on the right of the living room there is a bedroom with full bathroom.  Both bathrooms have a shower in a bathtub rather than a stand-alone shower.  As I mentioned above the hotel shows its age but everything was clean and functional.  For someone on a long stay I would find this room quite comfortable and it’s nice to have the extra space relative to other hotels near the airport. 

IMG_2384.jpegIMG_2385.jpegIMG_2386.jpegIMG_2387.jpegIMG_2388.jpeg

Dining

I found the evening reception 5-7pm to be ok but nothing great.  The only hot option was soup.  They had pasta salad, cole slaw, mixed green salad, chips, nachos, cheese, and veggies. Alcohol was available for purchase. Breakfast was also adequate, not bad but nothing great.  

IMG_2404.jpegIMG_2405.jpegIMG_2406.jpeg

Gym

The gym and a small swimming pool are located in the link between Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn; they are available for guests of both hotels.  I did not use the gym during my stay and when I stopped by in the afternoon it was empty. However it seems woefully inadequate for a hotel of this size, let alone two large hotels.  There was only one elliptical, three treadmills, and one stationary bike plus some free weights.  I can imagine that the gym would be full at peak times and that someone might not be able to use equipment.

Overall

Overall the hotel is ok but not great, and bottom line yes I can recommend it but keep in mind that it’s best for guests who value extra space.  For a quick overnight from the airport I would rather pay a premium for the proximity of Hilton rather than pay a premium for the space at Homewood Suites, and if I want to save money and stay a bit farther away from the airport then DoubleTree YYZ West is often my choice rather than Homewood Suites.  

Would you like to write a review on the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre?

No, thank you.
Yes