Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

hh aspire card credit fees - only us based airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Diamond

I just found out that the $250 credit fees offered with the hh aspire card can be used only on a very limited list of us based airlines. So disappointing... is there anyone who was successfully able to negotiate a major European airline instead as preferred choice? Bit misleading the adv by american express. sigh
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What's the list of qualifying airlines?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What's the list of qualifying airlines?
Alaska American Delta Frontier Hawaiian JetBlue Spirit Southwest United
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by LadyPlatinum
I just found out that the $250 credit fees offered with the hh aspire card can be used only on a very limited list of us based airlines. So disappointing... is there anyone who was successfully able to negotiate a major European airline instead as preferred choice? Bit misleading the adv by american express. sigh
Did you not do any research before obtaining the card? Sorry, this isn’t misleading...this one's on you.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Alaska American Delta Frontier Hawaiian JetBlue Spirit Southwest United
Thank you.

Is there an Amex Hilton Aspire card offered to non-U.S. residents? (Links led me to one for U.S. residents only.) That lists covers nine of the ten largest U.S. carriers by passenger count. For U.S. residents it isn't limiting at all.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

I must admit that I did not check the list of airlines since there was written your fav airline so I did not even think it would be restricted to us based airlines. I live half of the year in the USA and half in europe and I travel often but only on skyteam and I avoid Delta as much as possible. Anyway, the list is above and I hope it will be helpful for those like me who by fav airline do not mean a us based airline. Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by LadyPlatinum
I must admit that I did not check the list of airlines since there was written your fav airline so I did not even think it would be restricted to us based airlines. I live half of the year in the USA and half in europe and I travel often but only on skyteam and I avoid Delta as much as possible. Anyway, the list is above and I hope it will be helpful for those like me who by fav airline do not mean a us based airline. Thanks
Not ideal in your case, but perhaps you could still claim 5X $50 for Delta for future use. I don't see where they have an expiration date on the certs themselves so you could book 2 one ways on Delta each year (or in a future year) to use up the certs. I normally book RT tickets unless i'm trying to use up my certs, and then it is one ways so I can use up to 6 for each 2 way trip.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Your only option is going to be to claim one of the participating airlines from the list. If you prefer Sky Team then DL is really your only choice and you will just have to bite the bullet and book something on DL or forgo the credit offered on the card.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
You can use more than three $50 e-gift cards on a trip if you call in, so you could potentially only have to take one DL flight a year. Or give them out at the holidays to American friends that fly DL.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the great suggestions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.