Bike Thief. What would you do?

Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

My blue tricycle vs. the regular bikes that are black or pink. As mentioned earlier, I am an in adept senior citizen. With balance issues and severe arthritis in my back and hips, the bike is very helpful to get around the resort, and I am very appreciative that the hotel came up with the ideal option for me. As also mentioned in my initial post, I had already decided to let it go. Thank you for all your kind comments.
worldiswide and wizla like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld

Of course! To better prepare myself for my reply though, I re-watched Frozen. OP’s best course of action is now much clearer. Let’s all sing together...’let it go, let it go, let it go...”
I absolutely love your no nonsense replies , brilliant!.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
next time let the air out of the tires and take the bike pump into the restaurant when u eat. That should stop them stealing it
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
Wait, what? Everyone gets a free bike to use on resort and you're getting upset because someone took your bike, which is like all the others but has your name on? Are you 9 years old?
really out of line .. he mentioned that he was a senior citizen and the hotel had worked out a solution to help him get around I gather you are perfectly physically fit so never had to need or ask for accomdation. Lucky you btw the tricycles are not easy to use as they go against everything we learn about riding a bike with two wheels.
bamboola, Seabilly and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:51 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by worldiswide
really out of line.
Look at the post order
mendezka likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by FTA
Look at the post order
And? I think stating it looks different and had his name should have been enough to indicate something ..
bamboola likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:29 pm

Maybe the person who took it also needed a tricycle! They might have thought the resort also had a few of those for individuals who couldn’t ride a standard two wheeler. I find it unlikely you are the only one who would prefer one. Next time, leave a sign taped to the handlebars, POLITELY, saying it isn’t part of the bike pool.
mendezka likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
I'm really sorry, my sciatica was playing up and I needed an emergency nap after filling up at the restaurant...I was going to bring it back after my nap, honest!
;-)
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bamboola
As also mentioned in my initial post, I had already decided to let it go.
I don't see where you mentioned that. You were asking advice on what course of action you should choose.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
I don't see where you mentioned that. You were asking advice on what course of action you should choose.
Stated in final paragraph in OP. Just going to ask hotel to park it in a secured area.

Security told me to report incident to Front Desk. I didn’t report because the hotel did me a favor and I don’t want the hotel to stop extending similar.favors to future guests in need.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bamboola

Stated in final paragraph in OP. Just going to ask hotel to park it in a secured area.

Security told me to report incident to Front Desk. I didn’t report because the hotel did me a favor and I don’t want the hotel to stop extending similar.favors to future guests in need.
^
I think this is the best course. No point in bothering the front desk about the guests in 32X who really probably just thought it was a different free bike. I'm glad the resort is helping you out in this way.
mendezka likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
At night - a black name tag on the back of bike is probably not visible.
All the other resort bikes are pooled, so logical to assume this one was too.

Suggestion - Tape a Reserved note to the handlebars. Suggest to the hotel that they have a separate parking space for reserved bikes, or a lock.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
A note, as has been suggested, will politely inform others that you need this accommodation, which is a great gesture by the resort. The neighbors probably didn't give it a second thought.

I will agree that "leaning" is not quite a final statement, but it's too late to nitpick words.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:06 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by worldiswide
And? I think stating it looks different and had his name should have been enough to indicate something ..
and learn to read
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FTA
and learn to read
This presumes the "thief" can necessarily read the language (assuming English) of the name - or additional signs if added in the future...

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.