Status match issues.

Reply

Old Feb 25, 19, 4:12 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 236
Angry Status match issues.

Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
TheShis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:54 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: DL Silver,UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, IHG Gold,HH Gold,MR LT PLAT PREMIER
Posts: 2,141
Originally Posted by TheShis View Post
Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
freeflyin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 19, 6:05 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by freeflyin View Post
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
They just don't listen. Nor read, in this case.
TheShis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:35 pm
  #4  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Programs: Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Platinum)
Posts: 47
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.

If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
GoodFastOrCheap is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:35 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by GoodFastOrCheap View Post
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
Thanks, but there's no mention of it in the T&C, being a once in a lifetime thingie.
Your suggestion is interesting, though I find it somehow dishonest (or isn't it?!?).
TheShis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 4:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Before going to bed a few weeks ago I replied, after the 8th or 9th try mind you, "Do you even read these attachments?" I was upgraded to Diamond by the time I woke up
mpreston14 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread