Status match issues.

Old Feb 25, 19, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Angry Status match issues.

Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver,UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, IHG Gold,HH Gold,MR LT PLAT PREMIER
Originally Posted by TheShis View Post
Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
Old Feb 25, 19, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeflyin View Post
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
They just don't listen. Nor read, in this case.
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Platinum)
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.

If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoodFastOrCheap View Post
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
Thanks, but there's no mention of it in the T&C, being a once in a lifetime thingie.
Your suggestion is interesting, though I find it somehow dishonest (or isn't it?!?).
Old Feb 27, 19, 4:04 pm

Before going to bed a few weeks ago I replied, after the 8th or 9th try mind you, "Do you even read these attachments?" I was upgraded to Diamond by the time I woke up