Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond Reserved Parking at Hilton - a new perk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Reserved Parking at Hilton - a new perk?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ctbarron
I’ve seen these at random locations for at least 5-6 years. Nothing new, just not everywhere. They are nice when you find the spots, but as others have stated no real enforcement.
At the Hampton Inn Harborside, Fernandina Beach FLA (Amelia Island), parking in the hotel lot is free. Guests are given a "pass" to place in the car in full view, to show entitlement to park in the lot. The hotel has had "Diamond Only" spaces for several years, and I have often wondered how many cheaters park in those spaces. To chill abuse, I have been thinking that Diamond members should be given a "pass" of a different color than the others, which might deter abuse by non-Diamonds.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
HGI in Kennewick Washington had Diamond Member Reserved parking spots in 2005. Haven't stayed there since, so not sure if it still does.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Used this a lot at the HGI Cupertino.
Seems to depend on the local mentality, because somehow these spots where always free even if the parking lot was otherwise rather crowded.
So probably no need to enforce at the moment.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Used this a lot at the HGI Cupertino.
Seems to depend on the local mentality, because somehow these spots where always free even if the parking lot was otherwise rather crowded.
So probably no need to enforce at the moment.
Yes, other guests don't realize it isn't enforced so I have returned at night to the HGI Palm Coast when the lot was crowded due to a wedding reception to find the diamond spot waiting for me.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I use them when its convenient. And no, I am not HH Diamond.

I like to live on the edge.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:25 am

At the Hampton Inn Bolton, the Diamond spots are some of the furthest from the main entrance.
DELee likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rjp123
I was at a Homewood last week and they had these. When I checked in I said "do you want my plate for the Diamond spot?" they said "nah, that's ok". No idea how they enforce this.
No idea how they enforce this, huh? How about they don't?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by ehallison
They don't.
This is accurate. I've never ever seen a HGI or Hampton enforce this and I've checked in behind people who have no Hilton status who park in these spots.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
I think those signs are partly intended as a marketing tool. On the one hand they tell the honourable Gold members: keep staying and one day this space could be reserved for you. On the other hand if offers some surplus value to the Diamond membership, without any further costs involved.

Yet I haven't heard anyone mention they saw the new signs at a full service Hilton. According to the hotelsigns website, the white-on-black ones are meant for Curio, Hilton, DoubleTree and Tapestry.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Originally Posted by Delectatio
The question is: did they actually waive the parking fee because you are a Diamond? I am a regular at this hotel and always park on the street (free) because I don't like their paid parking policy.
Same for me. I always park in front of the "old" Loreal building which is currently under construction. 28 € per day are just not worth it. Saved so much money over the last 2 years just by parking outside. Appreciate if anyone has more info whether the parking fee gets waived.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at a Hampton in the Midwest once. They had 6 Diamond spots. One weekend the only spaces occupied were the 6 Diamond spots so I couldn't park there. No biggie, next spot over was just as good. Went to front desk to get some water and casually mentioned, Wow, lots of Diamonds here this weekend. front desk clerk, said, nope, only 1 here (me). I just said, interesting, I'm the Diamond and didn't get one of the spots. Also said no biggie. We both chuckled about it. So some places even if the parking lot is totally empty people will take the spots.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Baze
Stayed at a Hampton in the Midwest once. They had 6 Diamond spots. One weekend the only spaces occupied were the 6 Diamond spots so I couldn't park there. No biggie, next spot over was just as good. Went to front desk to get some water and casually mentioned, Wow, lots of Diamonds here this weekend. front desk clerk, said, nope, only 1 here (me). I just said, interesting, I'm the Diamond and didn't get one of the spots. Also said no biggie. We both chuckled about it. So some places even if the parking lot is totally empty people will take the spots.
Such Diamond love!

David
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delectatio
The question is: did they actually waive the parking fee because you are a Diamond? I am a regular at this hotel and always park on the street (free) because I don't like their paid parking policy.
A few HH properties do waive parking fees for me as a Diamond every time, and a few others some of the time but not all of the time, but I get the impression that such properties are not that common. The ones that do typically have open parking areas (no gate) IME, and usually ones with free street parking within a few blocks. And it has nothing to do with these signs (which I haven't even noticed there).
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
My wife and I stayed at a HGI with diamond parking and every time we pulled into the lot I parked in the same spot. She was staying behind after I left so she rented a car, came back to the hotel and asked is she was allowed to park in the diamond spot. The front desk agent said sure, so I returned later that day to find my spot taken.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Stayed at the Hampton Cottonwood in SLC last month. First time I saw these. Asked the desk if I needed to put something in my window to indicate I'm diamond and was told they don't monitor those. Nice gesture but not really any good unless the hotel actually enforces it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.