Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond Reserved Parking at Hilton - a new perk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D

Hilton Dusseldorf

Given these signs are in the new Diamond white on black, is this part of a new perk they are testing? Or has this become more common already? Has anyone seen it at some other place?

The small print beneath DIAMOND MEMBER says: reserved parking.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:52 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Every Hampton I've been to in the last few years has similar signs, along with most Doubletrees and HGI's.

It's a nice little perk, except, of course, the hotel has no real way to monitor whether folks in those spots are actually Diamonds.

So, no, I don't think it's actually a new perk and the "reserved" status of those spots depends on a) non-Diamonds not parking there; b) there not being too many Diamonds for too few spots.
MSPeconomist and cawhite like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Yes I know, usually I try to avoid them, unless there is a very good reason to use them. When a lot is almost filled, I wouldn't want to take up no space meant for ordinary people. But that is at Hamptons in the US. These signs were planted at a proper Hilton.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
It would not be hard to be given a voucher to place on the dash. But I doubt they would spend the time to enforce.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I'd seen it at Hamptons for quite a while, but the new Las Vegas HGI had them last month as well.

IIRC, I've been to a DT where they had the signs as well.

Same - honor system is the only thing that prevents someone from parking there that's not Diamond, but... sheep usually follow signage, so it's helpful. Of all the perks, this is an odd one, but has come in handy when it's a long, rainy walk to the back of a lot or something. Otherwise, I don't use them all the time like I need to call attention to my cheap rental car.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish Hyatt and Starriott did this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:39 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I doubt those parking spots are occupied exclusively by Diamonds at all times, but I would rather have the signs than not. There have been a few times in bad weather that I was glad the Diamond parking spots were available and I took them, possibly because non-Diamonds parked elsewhere specifically because of the signs.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:47 pm

My guess would be that someone was on the website where hotels purchase Honors collateral and saw these signs and purchased them. That seems more likely than a test of a chain-wide new perk. If Hilton was testing something out, they'd almost certainly do it at a Hilton managed property.

There are no managed properties in Europe, according to the Hilton Management Services website: Hilton Management Services | Portfolio of Properties
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cblaisd
It's a nice little perk, except, of course, the hotel has no real way to monitor whether folks in those spots are actually Diamonds.
It's also not legally enforceable. Nowhere does it say that I will be towed at owner's expense.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I’ve seen these at random locations for at least 5-6 years. Nothing new, just not everywhere. They are nice when you find the spots, but as others have stated no real enforcement.
cawhite likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
The question is: did they actually waive the parking fee because you are a Diamond? I am a regular at this hotel and always park on the street (free) because I don't like their paid parking policy.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Meh
You need to be driving a motorbike to fit into that space.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
My guess would be that someone was on the website where hotels purchase Honors collateral and saw these signs and purchased them. That seems more likely than a test of a chain-wide new perk. If Hilton was testing something out, they'd almost certainly do it at a Hilton managed property.
My thought was of a test because the signs were English only, which is unusual in Germany. But you may have a point there.

There are no managed properties in Europe, according to the Hilton Management Services website: Hilton Management Services Portfolio of Properties
The website may be right but I think your conclusion is false. For example Hilton The Hague recently removed all single-use water bottles and replaced them by an optional refill bottle (at a small fee, the water is free). I think this hotel is managed by Hilton.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I was at a Homewood last week and they had these. When I checked in I said "do you want my plate for the Diamond spot?" they said "nah, that's ok". No idea how they enforce this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rjp123
... No idea how they enforce this.
They don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.