Cancellation and rebooking

Old Feb 22, 19, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Cancellation and rebooking

Wondering how many times you can book, cancel and rebook point stays at the same hotel before Hilton has had enough and will just block you?
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
You can update your reservation with the lower points requirement without having to cancel & rebook. If that makes you feel better.

In any event, I do not think you are breaking any rules with frequent cancel & rebook anyway so why would they block you?
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
You can update your reservation with the lower points requirement without having to cancel & rebook. If that makes you feel better.

In any event, I do not think you are breaking any rules with frequent cancel & rebook anyway so why would they block you?
didnt realise that you could update the reservation with lower points requirement... will try that rather than cancelling each time.

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:09 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Brainless69 View Post

didnt realise that you could update the reservation with lower points requirement... will try that rather than cancelling each time.

Thanks!
Yep I do it all the time, I generally book cash and points......if it goes cheaper I rebook and cancel the original.....no worries.
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:55 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
It's been awhile since I rebooked a room, so I might be a bit confused here, but I think to update a reservation for a lower rate and keep the same room type of room you originally reserved, you need to select another room type first and then that will show you the update price for the room you originally selected. .
B3nder likes this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wizla View Post
Yep I do it all the time, I generally book cash and points......if it goes cheaper I rebook and cancel the original.....no worries.
probably shouldn’t confess to this but I’ve cancelled and rebooked 6 times 😬 ...... for the same booking
wizla likes this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 12:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
The only problem is that you may not get your points back instantly and have to spend 4 weeks calling repeatedly, unless that has stopped happening now?

Didn't know you could rebook by changing the room type - I'll have to try that next time
Old Feb 23, 19, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
The only problem is that you may not get your points back instantly and have to spend 4 weeks calling repeatedly, unless that has stopped happening now?

Didn't know you could rebook by changing the room type - I'll have to try that next time
supringly the points have been given back instantly every time!
Old Feb 24, 19, 5:36 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by birdiedouble View Post
It's been awhile since I rebooked a room, so I might be a bit confused here, but I think to update a reservation for a lower rate and keep the same room type of room you originally reserved, you need to select another room type first and then that will show you the update price for the room you originally selected. .
This is correct. A minor issue but works ok nonetheless.
Old Feb 24, 19, 8:03 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
This is correct. A minor issue but works ok nonetheless.
i think that you can even pick a different rate category for the same room type and then the original rate will be offered as an option. ie: you book a King room using an AAA rate and find its lower. I believe you can go into the reservation and select a King room using a different rate and once you have done that you’ll see the lower AAA rate.
Old Mar 3, 19, 4:24 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Is there anything like expert flyer that can track the points rate? Having noticed that my rate had dropped from 60k to 48k, I'll now be obsessively checking every week.