Hilton Aberdeen TECA {GBR}

Old Feb 17, 19, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow Hilton Aberdeen TECA {GBR}

Just saw this whilst doing a uk search on the Hilton app, think this may have been mentioned before on here but nice to see some conformation by Hilton.
No opening date yet but sounds nice with free parking and an executive lounge too.
Old Feb 17, 19, 6:29 am

First big event at TECA itself is Offshore Europe at the start of September. From people I’ve spoke to up in Aberdeen the events complex should be fully handed over end of May/beginning of June.

They also said it was looking like the Aloft May be ready just before the Hilton. Same GM for both properties apparently.

Should be a a welcome addition for Hilton in Aberdeen as the DT at the beach is looking very tired and the DT conversion at Treetops only really tidied the place up a bit.

Rates are still very low for Aberdeen as there has been so many rooms added over the past five years combined with the downturn in oil. Demand no longer outstrips supply so there could be a bargain to be had for anyone looking to try it out.
wizla likes this.
Old Feb 17, 19, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by chrism20 View Post
Rates are still very low for Aberdeen as there has been so many rooms added over the past five years combined with the downturn in oil. Demand no longer outstrips supply so there could be a bargain to be had for anyone looking to try it out.
Yes indeed, I have been making a few stays in Aberdeen at weekends the last couple of months.

Sub 40 at times at the Garden Inn (it has the brand new Sandman Signature right next door which offers much more).

The Treetops is typically available for 45 at weekends and with the two free drinks vouchers is decent value. The public areas are nice enough, but the rooms are still pretty tired.

All in all, Aberdeen works well with the current Points Unlimited promo and is a cheap way to re-qualify for Diamond while also earning a load of points at the same time.
Sisosig and wizla like this.
Old Feb 17, 19, 9:59 pm

The HGI in the centre is good. Staff is absolutely wonderful, and a quick walk around the corner for some excellent Greek food.

An actual Hilton will a welcome addition for sure though.
Old Feb 18, 19, 5:03 am

Agree re the HGI, it is the best of the Hilton options just now. The bugbear I have with it is the 16 a night to park.

Ive been staying at the airport Hampton a lot recently when in Aberdeen
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:59 pm

Hilton Aberdeen TECA is now accepting reservations for arrival from 22 September 2019.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:12 am

Hilton Aberdeen TECA

Here's a few photos of the executive lounge and its outdoor seating area in this new hotel which opened at the end of August.

Unfortunately I won't be here for the evening spread, but I will be back next week, so I will try and get some photos then.

wizla and delinquentwoody like this.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:19 am

Thanks for posting this. I spoke with the hotel who told me they do have hot items on the EL breakfast and the EL evening offer. They are considering afternoon tea in the future.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:31 am

BTW that is the Aloft hotel just beyond the terrace.

There is one more hotel still to be built on the TECA site - "budget" (brand TBC).
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:02 pm

Link below to a post with some photos of a suite in this hotel which I stayed in recently.

Hilton Aberdeen TECA - Suite
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the pics. Hows the lounge this time?
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:47 pm

Was only in for breakfast this weekend. Hot items at 09:00 were limited to sausages (OK) and powdered scrambled eggs (not good - very runny).

It seems a bit odd that there were no other hot items (e.g. bacon, hash browns, mushrooms).

Fruit juices, cold cuts, cereals, a selection of pastries and something I've not seen before in a lounge - Nutella muffins.

The hostess took coffee / tea orders as guests entered the lounge.

Still to experience the evening spread with hot food - maybe this weekend!
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:54 pm

Sounds a bit legacy. Rates are so low in ABZ I must be missing something why there is a need for this hotel?

Pity Helga pulled out on FRA-ABZ.
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:59 pm

The hotel will do good business.

It is directly joined onto the new TECA event centre (a.k.a. P&J Live), which will be hosting large events and concerts regularly.

e.g. BBC Sports Personality of the Year will be held there in December.

It is also close to the airport and there is nothing of comparable quality nearby (the other "airport hotels" are Aloft, Moxy, Courtyard, Hampton, Premier Inn, Leonardo and Jury's Inn).

I can see the rates for early 2020 are already creeping up above what they have been since opening at last month.

There are some rumours that Helga may be coming back.
Old Sep 24, 19, 1:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Stayed here a few weeks back. The evening food offerings in the lounge are poor, a couple of canap type affairs, drinks are beer, wine & spirits. The space is good with an adjacent toilet & an external area. Selection of soft drinks is excellent.
Hotel was still settling in so I expect a few changes, cocktail hour was 5 -7 but someone complained & that was extended to 8.
The pool, sauna, leisure area was excellent.
Breakfast selection was a little less than most Hiltons.
Location is not far from the airport & the recently completed Aberdeen by pass next to the new 10,000 capacity arena but not great for the city (but ideal for me)
Great value for what I paid & would be my first choice for Aberdeen.
wizla likes this.

Search this Thread