Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach {US-NC}

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach {US-NC}

Old Jan 30, 19, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach {US-NC}

Stay Report - 1/29 - 1/30

Location: The hotel is located on the north side of NC-58, the main coastal road in this area. There is beach access directly across the street from the hotel so you can easily walk to the beach. A couple of miles away is downtown Atlantic Beach with its restaurants and shops. There isn't anywhere to eat in walking distance save for the restaurant at the nearby Doubletree but a few miles away are some great places including some open in winter.

Hotel: The hotel is an above average Hampton Inn. It has a large parking lot with Diamond spots and a renovated lobby with a lot of space. When I arrived at 6 PM they had a popcorn machine filled with popcorn as well as coffee. There's also a well stocked sundry shop. The only negative was that the hallways stunk of cigarette smoke.

Check In: Handled very well by friendly agents who thanked me for being Diamond and offered me snacks and drinks. They had everything ready to go for me as well.

Room: I had booked a junior suite type room which was actually really nice. There was a living room area with a couch, a desk and a small kitchen area with sink and refrigerator. The bedroom had a large, comfortable bed with outlets next to it. The bathroom was pretty small and the shower took a little while to get hot.

Breakfast: Runs from 6-10. They had scrambled eggs, maple sausage and french toast plus a waffle maker as well as the usual cold items like cereal, bread and fruit.

This is a nice little hotel and good for families who want to see the beach. I'd be back.
bitterproffit likes this.