Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
For threadwatchers: I've had experience in which the HHonors CSR could see my new status before I could.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by kt85
is it ur first status match?
no I did a diamond match a few years ago but that one was a straight match with no stay requirements.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
I gave up.

Checked into the Hilton and explained how horrible it was to try to get matched.

Told the front desk lady the only reason I wanted Diamond status was for the free breakfast ($20/person at this hotel) and she gave it to me.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
I requested a status match from IHG Spire to Hilton Diamond in early January and received it within a few business days.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rogo
Yeah, sorry @MPReston but I'm in an endless loop...

1) Submit Marriott stuff
2) Get e-mail saying, "not good enough", reply to this e-mail
3) Reply to e-mail with more stuff
4) Get e-mail saying, "please go to this web page if you want a status match"

It's hopeless. I've basically given up.

Same here,although I did respond to their last email telling them that I was giving up because of the ridiculous inconsistency. One agent says reply to the email and when you do so, the next response is to resubmit using the original form. Vicious cycle of time wasted
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
I submitted the match online a few weeks back, and my status was reflected in the App the next day.

side note on the match. Does anyone know if there is a night requirement in lieu of the stay requirement? I’ll get the nine stays easily, but am just use to my milestones being based on nights.

i am still a happy MR (Bonvoy) guy, but really just wanted to change hotels in my normal travel location.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:12 pm

Angry Status match issues.

Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TheShis
Hi, all.

While I've read countless reports about Hilton granting status matches multiple times to Honors members along the years, they simple refuse to match me, as they say it is a "one off" thingie, while I know it's definitely not (my colleague just got status-matched - thrice!).
The Honors representatives are truly useless - they don't read the email from the beginning and do a generic copy&paste even after 2 dozens rounds with them.
Frustrated beyond belief.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
It is a very frustrating experience and I finally gave up and told them I intended to increase my Hilton stays(I had 4 just in one week a few weeks ago),until this runaround. The response I received was more runaround.
There is little difference between Gold and Diamond in my experience, so I will use Hilton when their bonus is better than others, but it will not be my first choice otherwise
They just don't listen. Nor read, in this case.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Platinum)
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.

If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by GoodFastOrCheap
Hilton status matches (or challenges as I think they are now called) are extremely easy to obtain, but they make it clear they are a once per account offer.. There has been a workaround for some time but it can have the unintended effect of messing with your stay/night counts in Hilton's tired accounting system.If you wish, then you can always create a new account and have the status match applied to it. Then, request that Hilton merge the two accounts and keep your old account number as the primary. The new status will transfer over with it.
Thanks, but there's no mention of it in the T&C, being a once in a lifetime thingie.
Your suggestion is interesting, though I find it somehow dishonest (or isn't it?!?).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:04 pm

Before going to bed a few weeks ago I replied, after the 8th or 9th try mind you, "Do you even read these attachments?" I was upgraded to Diamond by the time I woke up
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I have qualified for Spire already this year and want to match to Hilton. However, is anyone able to answer my following questions:

1) When do I need to submit my claim by? The end of March or the end of Feb?

2) In previous years, I understand that people have matched for the initial 90 days but qualified after the 1st April have seen their status be matched until the following year i.e. took challenge March 2017, completed trail in May 2017, status granted until March 2019. Is this correct and is it likely to happen again?

TIA
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I have qualified for Spire already this year and want to match to Hilton. However, is anyone able to answer my following questions:

1) When do I need to submit my claim by? The end of March or the end of Feb?

2) In previous years, I understand that people have matched for the initial 90 days but qualified after the 1st April have seen their status be matched until the following year i.e. took challenge March 2017, completed trail in May 2017, status granted until March 2019. Is this correct and is it likely to happen again?

TIA
It shouldn't matter. Even if you apparently only receive status until March 2020 (by completing the challenge too early), a quick email to Hilton would get it extended to 2021.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by stallion114
Requested match Friday or Saturday via Hilton match link.
uploaded docs.
match came through this morning.
perfect timing as I’ll have 4 one nighters this week.
What did you submit? I'm about to go round 3 with them submitting screenshots for Marriott. There doesn't seem to be a good membership card or Marriott and they never seem to say what is wrong with what I have submitted. They're really being a pain in the ***

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.