Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miscalculated diamond renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Your request may be reasonable, but by your admittance it was your mistake. Is that really worth it to you to completely switch programs and quit Hilton?
DiverDave and BlueZebra like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeffers
Pretty much what I got. She told me how many stays and nights I had, then said "so I'm afraid you didn't requalify". So I waited for her to mention points, which didn't happen

Anyway...perhaps my original post came across as DYKWIA, I was mad at myself more for miscalculating (still no idea how that happened) and after getting off the phone with someone who was pretty useless. Wasn't my intention to come across like that at all - I realise I didn't requalify and am just a pawn in all this. It's just a corporate game really and gold~diamond...we just have a second stay at the Conrad Maldives coming up for our anniversary, and I'm annoyed to have lost status for that over a miscalculation.

I'll call again in April, see what happens.
I think the whole diamond thing is a sort of riddle. I got the credit card to quit fussing with it. It is occasionally very nice to have and I can put a value on it, but I would put a different value on it than Hilton seems to do.

Hard to achieve, but easily given away is an odd concept.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jeffers
Pretty much what I got. She told me how many stays and nights I had, then said "so I'm afraid you didn't requalify". So I waited for her to mention points, which didn't happen

Anyway...perhaps my original post came across as DYKWIA, I was mad at myself more for miscalculating (still no idea how that happened) and after getting off the phone with someone who was pretty useless. Wasn't my intention to come across like that at all - I realise I didn't requalify and am just a pawn in all this. It's just a corporate game really and gold~diamond...we just have a second stay at the Conrad Maldives coming up for our anniversary, and I'm annoyed to have lost status for that over a miscalculation.

I'll call again in April, see what happens.
From your first post I see you don't want to burn your one-time Diamond extension, but keep in mind you can only use it while you are still a Diamond. So if you let your status drop, you won't be able to use the extension. You have until March 28th to use it.

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...money/faq.html

When can members take advantage of this benefit?
The submission timeframe runs from February through March 28 before a Member’s status is updated on April 1st in accordance with their qualifying activity from the previous year. Outside of this submission timeframe, members can fill out a form through (link) to request an email reminder to inform them of their eligibility; if eligible, the email will invite members to submit the extension request during the subsequent submission timeframe. Members who qualify and wish to use the benefit can click here for more information. Members can also call 1-800-4HONORS or visit this link to contact us with any questions on how to use this benefit.

David
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
I have sympathy for the OP since I’m in exactly the same boat this year, also on points and was also staying over New Year (having checked in 28th December and out on 4th January.)

I also asked for those points to be taken into consideration and have also hit the brick wall with the Diamond Desk with a rather absurd response.

I won’t take my business elsewhere and will play the Diamond Extension card if need be but didn’t see the harm in asking. BA give you two weeks grace if you ask nicely.

I would have hit the points renewal had I checked out on 31st December so I had rather hoped that they’d at least think about it under the circumstances.

Good luck to the OP!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by IcHot
I think the whole diamond thing is a sort of riddle. I got the credit card to quit fussing with it.
+1 I don't get it, OP appears to be in the US, and has bookings at the Conrad Maldives - just get the dang card already

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.