Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Melbourne, Australia, Little Queen Street {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG

Hilton is expected to open a new hotel at 472 Bourke St, to be named Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street. It's in a great central location right next to the Bourke St Mall precinct. This new opening will be in addition to the planned Hilton Melbourne Square situated in Southbank, with the Hilton group looking at aggressively expanding its operations in Melbourne. Currently only Doubletree by Hilton Flinders St is the sole representative for the group in Melbourne after the rebranding of the much loved Hilton South Wharf and Hilton on the Park hotels.

According to the website, it is slated for a 1Q 2019 opening, however at this point in time, construction won't finish by then, with an opening TBC.

Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street Hilton Press Center
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
1st quarter 2019 must be s stretch target
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I wonder why the page has now been removed?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbiddle
On the Australian Frequent Flyer forum, it has been suggested that the owner likes to keep things quiet until the last possible moment.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Probably listed by mistake - also I have heard 1st quarter 2020 is more likely.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Hilton Melbourne Little Queens Street is confirmed! Will open late 2019.

Hotel Stats:
- 244 Rooms
- Executive Lounge
- 5 Meeting and Event spaces
- Gymnasium
- Restaurant and Bar

https://www.ausbt.com.au/hilton-retu...tm_source=grid

Other new openings in the pipeline:
- Hilton Melbourne Square
- Double Tree by Hilton Box Hill
Stacycrow likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:25 am

I assume they will be aiming to be opening by Australian Open time (January 2020)? Would be the most lucrative event on the MEL event calendar surely.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
It is a big event for me and will probably increase my leisure visits to Melbourne from once per year to at least four or five. The DoubleTree doesn't really entice me for a weekend away compared with Hilton Sydney.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FormalHall
I assume they will be aiming to be opening by Australian Open time (January 2020)?
Would be the most lucrative event on the MEL event calendar surely.
The big events that can book out Melboure hotels are
  • Melbourne Cup Carnival week [horse race 1st Tuesday in November]
  • Australian Tennis Open (January)
  • Australian F1 GP (March)
Any hotels not open for those events is missing out on a lot of money/reservations
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:54 am
Suspended

Thank you. I can finally say goodbye to the stingy Intercontinental Rialto which will upgrade you yo Club room without Club access. Goodbye IHG. And goodbye doubletree.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by chongcao
Thank you. I can finally say goodbye to the stingy Intercontinental Rialto which will upgrade you yo Club room without Club access. Goodbye IHG. And goodbye doubletree.
In fairness to the Rialto that is global IHG policy at every InterContinental and not specific to the Rialto.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Any updates? I'll be in Melbourne in January 2020. Right now the DT is the only Hilton property showing. Surprisingly the rates aren't bad.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:20 am

I just stayed at the DT over the weekend, front desk could only say early next year, didn't give a target date. I also forgot to go check out the location in person, sorry.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:32 pm

Website now states:

We're accepting reservations for June 1, 2020 and beyond.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:18 am

Hilton returns to Melbourne, Australia, on March 22 with Hilton Little Queen Street

Media release
----Tuesday, 9 March 2021 — Hilton, one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the world, and international hotel owner and developer, M&L Hospitality, unveil the spectacular transformation of Melbourne’s heritage-listed Equity Chambers into Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street (Hilton Melbourne LQS). Located in the heart of the city, the elegant upscale hotel has been designed by leading Australian architecture studio Bates Smart and will open at midday on Monday, 22 March 2021.
Built in 1931, Melbourne’s Equity Chambers was renowned for its architectural style and Italian Romanesque and Gothic detailing. In its reimagining as Hilton Melbourne LQS, the building’s old world-charm has been respected and original features restored, whilst seamlessly connecting a modern six-level extension with a 16-level tower to the historic site.

Within its historic walls, the old and new have been cleverly combined, with sandstone, European Oak and bronze materials, creating a traditional yet modern palette against the backdrop of grand high ceilings, marble stone finishes and upholstery in hues of navy, taupe and royal blue.

External and internal artworks commissioned by award-winning Melbourne street art collaborative Juddy Roller are curated in reference to the city’s thriving and internationally renowned graffiti-art scene. Significant works have been contributed by local artists Kitt Bennett and David Lee Pereira, including a large and colourful mural by Bennett on the external wall opposite the hotel’s Little Queen Street laneway entrance, which is splendidly reflected in the external bronze panels that frame the hotel’s elegant lobby.

The hotel’s guest rooms feature prints by Melbourne photographer Roger Arnall, specially commissioned to explore Melbourne architecture in his unique minimalist and ambiguous style. The pieces are part of the ‘Impressionist series’ and capture iconic Melbourne landmarks including the Royal Exhibition Centre, Flinders Street Train Station and Federation Square, in a softer style akin to the hand rendering of paintings and drawings.

Luci and The Douglas Club

Entered from the bustling thoroughfare of Bourke Street, Hilton Melbourne LQS’s Luci restaurant and The Douglas Club cocktail bar carry their own entrance independent of the hotel’s laneway lobby, and are anticipated to be welcome new additions to Melbourne’s world-class dining and drinking scene.

At Luci, Executive Chef Sam Moore will take inspiration from the European migrants who travelled to Melbourne in the 1950s, with his classic modern Australian menu, accented with hints of Italian and European culinary traditions.

The Douglas Club will celebrate the energy and glamour of the golden age of travel through its contemporary take on a classic cocktail bar. The drinks menu will bring together classic, modern and infamous cocktails, with food, music and art, to make The Douglas Club a new hotspot for Melbourne.

Hotel facilities and amenities

To complement the 244 stylish guest rooms and suites and food and beverage outlets, Hilton Melbourne LQS will offer a large balcony event space with city skyline views featuring a mural by Kitt Bennett; seven meeting and event spaces that range in size from 24 to 143 square meters equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi and the latest audio-visual technology; and a fully equipped gym.

Highlights of local collaborations:
  • Specialty coffee supplied by Dukes Coffee Roasters
  • Premium hotel bath amenities by locally created Hunter Lab
  • Handmade artisan chocolate by Atypic Chocolate
Located on the corner of Bourke Street and Little Queen Street the hotel is in the heart of Melbourne’s vibrant art, theatre and dining precincts, and on the doorstep of the city’s key business districts with easy access to public transport.

“As we put the finishing touches on Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street in preparation for opening, we are confident it will be a beautiful addition to the city skyline. Both leisure and business guests alike will be able to experience the best of Melbourne’s shopping, dining and cultural experiences when they stay with us.” said Adrian Teh, general manager Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street and DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne – Flinders Street.

Best available (BAR) room rates at Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street will be:
  • King Guest Room from $300
  • King Superior Room from $315
  • King Deluxe Room from $330
  • King Premier Room from $350
(Executive Rooms and Suites pricing to be announced.)

Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street is located at 18 Little Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. For reservations, visit Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street at melbournelittlequeenstreet.hilton.com or call +61 (0)3 9116 8888.
----

And here be some media pics (some real, some renders)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.