Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stay posted, nothing added to grand total

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Had a 4-night stay two days ago. Stay posted within 24 hours, some 10k points ... BUT, nothing was added to my grand total... ZERO... I know, since I do PDF of my grand total after each stay and I also use Award Wallet... Not taken seriously when writing to Hilton Diamond e-mail... got just lies that points were added to my grand total... not true, and I can prove it! What should I do?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:55 pm

When I spoke to the diamond desk last night they stated they were experiencing a points issue where points are not being reflected In our totals yet they are showing in their system. I was asked to allow 24 to 48 hours while they resolve the issue. My points showed up earlier today. I imagine your points will arrive soon as well.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm also seeing that points are not updating in the app or online (I made award reservations several days ago and also a stay has posted), but if I log into my Amex account and select my Hilton card it is showing the correct amount for my points total there.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Each stay I've had this year (5 total) has posted within 24-36 hours.

However, the points grand total has taken an additional 24-48 hours to update each time. It DOES eventually update, but it does take additional time.
mirror74 and BertieBadger like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:13 pm

Known issue. HH app/website show incorrect total, but AMEX shows correctly.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I remember a similar issue a number of years ago and may have been at the beginning of the year.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: HH D
If you don't have an AMEX Card, the "Buying More Points" option will also get you the correct grand total - your last stay included, while the app is still behind.

BTW it says there's a 100% bonus if you buy 10k (=20k) points or more, until Feb 26.
BertieBadger and Abidjan like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Sisosig
If you don't have an AMEX Card, the "Buying More Points" option will also get you the correct grand total - your last stay included, while the app is still behind.
Thanks for this handy tip! ^ (Noticed the same issue today on my app)
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Yep. Can confirm the same: Stay has posted, but the Grand total counter has still not been updated. Also, the 'Stays' counter has not updated for the year. Anyone else experiencing the second issue as well?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Yep. Can confirm the same: Stay has posted, but the Grand total counter has still not been updated. Also, the 'Stays' counter has not updated for the year. Anyone else experiencing the second issue as well?
Yes, experiencing both issues ...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mirror74
Yes, experiencing both issues ...
Same here I get we're still working on your meter for 2019. I'm getting points but it shows zero stays for 2019.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Welcome to the new normal at Hilton Honors.

Thanks Hilton IT!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Same here I get we're still working on your meter for 2019. I'm getting points but it shows zero stays for 2019.
Points now added also to grand total, some 48 hours after being first posted to "recent stays"... now had another stay, and same issue again all over again... see the stay under "recent stays", but points again not added to grand total... meter of course still not working...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
same here
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:39 am

Same issue.. I purchased points yesterday, but they haven’t been added to my total yet, so can’t book the award stay I want. Spoke with Hilton chat who confirmed the points were in my account, but balance could take longer to update due to ‘latency’.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.