Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points transfer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Points transfer

I looked at the Wiki, but I can't seem to find the answer. Is there any cost to the transferring of points from one spouse to another ?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
No cost.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Good luck getting a points transfer through at any more than a snail’s pace at the moment.

We initiated a points transfer from my husband’s account to mine on Thursday evening. On Friday evening I had an email saying that the points had been transferred and that my points total had been updated , however neither account had changed.

On Saturday morning both accounts showed the transfer in the Points Activity, but the points total of both accounts hadn’t changed. Later on Saturday morning my husband’s points total correctly reflected the transfer but this morning (Sunday) mine was still unchanged. The Twitter team (whom I first contacted on Friday evening), assured me that the transferred points were in my account but that it would take time for them to appear in the points total.

Within the last hour the points total has finally been updated correctly and I have been able to make the redemption I wanted - I had been worried that it would no longer be available by the time the points appeared!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Good luck getting a points transfer through at any more than a snail’s pace at the moment.

We initiated a points transfer from my husband’s account to mine on Thursday evening. On Friday evening I had an email saying that the points had been transferred and that my points total had been updated , however neither account had changed.

On Saturday morning both accounts showed the transfer in the Points Activity, but the points total of both accounts hadn’t changed. Later on Saturday morning my husband’s points total correctly reflected the transfer but this morning (Sunday) mine was still unchanged. The Twitter team (whom I first contacted on Friday evening), assured me that the transferred points were in my account but that it would take time for them to appear in the points total.

Within the last hour the points total has finally been updated correctly and I have been able to make the redemption I wanted - I had been worried that it would no longer be available by the time the points appeared!
I had the same exact issue / timing (Thursday AM transfer was not updated until now). I am also seeing issues with several other transaction types:
+ points purchases not posting even after confirmation email stating they have been added to the account
+ points not being returned to my account after award stay cancellation

These are all new issues for ME with Hilton - I have been doing this for several years and each of these transactions used to be immediate / pain free. There are either significant new issues with Hilton IT, or perhaps they haven’t fully addressed the problems from a few months back.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by flying chef
I looked at the Wiki, but I can't seem to find the answer. Is there any cost to the transferring of points from one spouse to another ?
It is called "points pooling" not "transferring". Transferring has a cost and not sure why it still exists after Hilton introduced pooling, which is free for anyone not just spouses (but maybe triggers a fraud check if two very different accounts are used).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
It is called "points pooling" not "transferring". Transferring has a cost and not sure why it still exists after Hilton introduced pooling, which is free for anyone not just spouses (but maybe triggers a fraud check if two very different accounts are used).
This is incorrect, there is NO cost for transferring points, or for pooling points. These are two different options to combine points into one account.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I know the minimum number of points i can transfer from my account to my partners is 1000 but in what increments above a thousand can you transfer points? 1/10/50/100 1000 ??? many thanks indeed
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
in what increments above a thousand can you transfer points? 1/10/50/100 1000 ?
Old May 28, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Does anyone know the approximate time to transfer points? I seem to remember having read "up to 24 hours" but it's been far more than 24 hours since I made a transfer and the points still haven't shown up in the recipient account.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Our transfer between accounts took four days.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:25 am
formerly maskelo

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
Our transfer between accounts took four days.
I've tried to transfer on Tuesday so far nothing (Saturday). Any recent experience on this?

Not debited on the other account nor credited on mine
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Points Transfer Data Point

Yesterday my brother transferred a few thousand orphan Hilton points to my account. Based on this thread, I wasn't sure if the process would take hours, days, or even happen at all! I was pleasantly surprised that the process took just over 12 hours to complete. My brother got a confirmation number for the points he transferred to me, and I received an email indicating points had been transferred. All in all it was a painless process. This is a nice benefit of the Honors program. My brother's points were about to expire in August, and now I will be able to keep them "alive" as my account is more active than his.

As a side note, Hilton sent my brother an email warning him that his points were about to expire about one month prior to their expiration. Hilton even listed "points transfer" as a possible option for him to consider. I mention this because it is not uncommon to read threads on Flyer Talk posted by people who claim they lost thousands of points because some hotel or airline failed to warn them of their upcoming expiration. It is nice that Hilton is proactive about warning members that their points are about to expire.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:59 pm

Can anyone explain the difference between points pooling and points transfer? It seems to me that Points Pooling is simply a Transfer under another name. There is a minimum of 1000 points in the Pooling Transfer as there is in a straight Transfer. I assumed Pooling to be as the word suggests, a combined pool of points for use by nominated persons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.