Wiki Posts
Search

Safe to cancel award stays?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover

The what? 🤪 does that really exist?
Yep, I’m a moderator on there ( I’m joking!) but yes it does exist and quite informative in some respects.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I'm still waiting for the points to come back to my account 8 days after canceling the booking...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by florens
I'm still waiting for the points to come back to my account 8 days after canceling the booking...
Yes I cancelled a points and cash stay yesterday morning, not got the points back yet, normally it’s almost immediate.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:53 am

I canceled an award stay on Monday. When I did not see the points back in the account 3 hours later, I called the diamond desk. A ticket was opened and my points were back in the account when I woke up Tuesday-

the agent told me that if cancelling award stays, call to do so. It is only those cancelling themselves (on app or online) that are having issues getting points back immediately.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I escalated the situation on twitter. A ticket was opened and a couple of hours later the points were back in my account.

I don‘t understand why this is not working automatically.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:16 am

Points are now back in my account too, didn’t make any complaint but was about to......they just magically appeared this morning.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Points are back but I had not checked since Tuesday or Wednesday

lesson somewhat learned - I will make sure about the dates etc before I book a Points stay. The “5 nights for 4” points promo is very very useful when I need 5 nights and I definitely want to take advantage of this offer!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.