Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tier Tracker updates taking forever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Tracker updates taking forever?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
It's really grim. My status showed on the 1st as requalified for Diamond for 2019. When you call up the agents state, nope you haven't requalified.

Painful.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
It's already 16 January and Hilton is telling us to hand tight whilst their incompetent IT team takes their sweet time to do the reset whilst all other hotel programmes have undertaken this within the same day on the 1st January 2019.

This is rather unacceptable from Hilton's end and with zero communication, its adds to the overall frustration.
It's the same every year.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Yllanes
What's the big deal? Points are posting normally.

I have 2 stays between Jan 1-11 that have yet to post and the 40K bonus from 60 nights in 2018 (achieved in Nov) that have yet to post....don’t typically watch so closely, but it’s keeping me from booking a points stay.....ridiculous
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Can anyone with an IT/CS background hypothesize as to what might possibly be so difficult about this kind of thing so that maybe I can have some sympathy? To a layperson like myself who has taken a couple CS classes this seems like something that would be built in with a couple lines of code, but clearly I must be wrong...
As a retired IT consultant who spent 14 years doing ERP software upgrades and implementations for US States, counties, large cities, etc., I was involved in many data conversions from one system to another. Other than the fact it shouldn't have happened in the first place if proper testing had been done, there is nothing that I can think of that could justify the inability to have gotten it all corrected in 2.5 months other than they somehow corrupted the original data and are still trying to find a way to recover it.
arlflyer and wizla like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Jump
there is nothing that I can think of that could justify the inability to have gotten it all corrected in 2.5 months other than they somehow corrupted the original data and are still trying to find a way to recover it.
Which still doesn't give them an excuse for managing to corrupt the 2019 dataset in real time.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Exactly. I don't get it. Do people have nothing to do all day but stare at their HH account? It's only January. Seems a bit early to worry about tiers at this point.
So, I plan my business travel as well as my personal travel out about 90 days in advance and once I hit Diamond on Hilton I begin working on other loyalty programs.

I can't do that effectively if I don't know where I stand. It looks like I will re-qualify via points somewhere in Q1, but I have no idea when because I have no idea where I am via the tracker. When I called the diamond desk they couldn't help.

One size doesn't always fit all.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:07 pm

This made me now book nights at Accor insted
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
This is the response I received today...

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your tier status progress. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

I would love to be of assistance regarding your request; However, we are having our annual status calculation period as of this moment. I highly suggest to reach out to us after the Annual Re-qualification process from April 2, 2019 onwards. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may pose.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jhalapin
So, I plan my business travel as well as my personal travel out about 90 days in advance and once I hit Diamond on Hilton I begin working on other loyalty programs.

I can't do that effectively if I don't know where I stand. It looks like I will re-qualify via points somewhere in Q1, but I have no idea when because I have no idea where I am via the tracker. When I called the diamond desk they couldn't help.

One size doesn't always fit all.
You can easily do a spreadsheet based on the stay data that posts on HH.com.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
You can easily do a spreadsheet based on the stay data that posts on HH.com.
True, and I probably should to keep Hilton honest.

I'd rather use the tracker, being the lazy guy I am.....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by jhalapin
Is it just me or is the tier tracker update taking longer than usual for the first of the year reset?
I was just told it would not update until March today. I saved the transcript.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Nevermind

Last edited by Lefly; Jan 20, 2019 at 8:03 am Reason: No longer needed
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
What annoys me the most about this tracker is that Hilton Honors has failed to update its member on the delay as we have been hanging on tight with their incompetence.

Hilton Honors Team, time for you to shape up and get your act together on this matter.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:35 am

Ok, so we have been coming at this like it is a mistake or incompetence, but here is another angle...

The meter shows two things: progress to date and qualification levels. What if the issue is not that they cannot account for the progress to date, but rather that they are going to be changing the qualification levels? That would give a reason not to show the meter.

With the new Marriott rollout and their top tier at 100 nights, is this really that far-fetched (as unsubstantiated theories go)?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ok, so we have been coming at this like it is a mistake or incompetence, but here is another angle...

The meter shows two things: progress to date and qualification levels. What if the issue is not that they cannot account for the progress to date, but rather that they are going to be changing the qualification levels? That would give a reason not to show the meter.

With the new Marriott rollout and their top tier at 100 nights, is this really that far-fetched (as unsubstantiated theories go)?
That's probably not it. If they are going to change the number of nights needed for Diamond (and not just add an additional tier above it), they'd need to announce it before the qualification year begins - a mid-year change like that would piss too many people off. On the other hand, if they're planning to keep Diamond the same and just add in another new tier above it, that's an additional feature that could simply be added in later once the announcement were to take place. Not saying that tier changes aren't on the horizon, but it doesn't seem to be something that would relate to the counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.