Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tier Tracker updates taking forever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR

Is it just me or is the tier tracker update taking longer than usual for the first of the year reset?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Response from Hilton on Twitter

MIA-SAT likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, A3 Gold (*G)
Originally Posted by fjacobs
Response from Hilton on Twitter

It's mid-January already They are telling me the same thing about my reward stay which was not counted as a stay at all.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Let's throw in all the missing Milestone bonuses from late last year as well, shall we?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
It's already 16 January and Hilton is telling us to hand tight whilst their incompetent IT team takes their sweet time to do the reset whilst all other hotel programmes have undertaken this within the same day on the 1st January 2019.

This is rather unacceptable from Hilton's end and with zero communication, its adds to the overall frustration.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:58 am

Can anyone with an IT/CS background hypothesize as to what might possibly be so difficult about this kind of thing so that maybe I can have some sympathy? To a layperson like myself who has taken a couple CS classes this seems like something that would be built in with a couple lines of code, but clearly I must be wrong...
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
I suspect some bad design, must be a lot of outsourcing / contract workers for the development and the basic understanding of the loyalty system not there. Just coders coding away without fully understating what exactly they are to coding.

Also cannot fully blame coders, there are too many persons involved and looks like communication breakdown between all of them.

I think also trying to make all the systems work, from old legacy to new web/mobile and a lot of hotels using different modules etc.

Too many things just went wrong here.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
It's already 16 January and Hilton is telling us to hand tight whilst their incompetent IT team takes their sweet time to do the reset whilst all other hotel programmes have undertaken this within the same day on the 1st January 2019.

This is rather unacceptable from Hilton's end and with zero communication, its adds to the overall frustration.
What's the big deal? Points are posting normally.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:39 pm

2017 and 2018 it took just 2-3 days after new year, so something is going wrong this year. Also, a hotel I stayed in last week could not se my status in their systems. I had to tell them "Im HHG" to get an upgrade.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Yllanes
What's the big deal? Points are posting normally.
Exactly. I don't get it. Do people have nothing to do all day but stare at their HH account? It's only January. Seems a bit early to worry about tiers at this point.
George M likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:43 pm

It's actually not too early to start worrying about it, it would be nice to know where I stand. I had quite a few roll-over nights, plus 12 days in January already. I'm starting to plan February travel and would be nice to know when I should switch over to Marriott to get my 75 nights there as well.

As per the IT questions... Isn't this the first year of roll-over nights? My guess is something went very wrong in how they calculate and apply those.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Can anyone with an IT/CS background hypothesize as to what might possibly be so difficult about this kind of thing so that maybe I can have some sympathy? To a layperson like myself who has taken a couple CS classes this seems like something that would be built in with a couple lines of code, but clearly I must be wrong...
I was thinking what you was typing, agreed, I too have very limited knowledge with computers and was wondering the same.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I was thinking what you was typing, agreed, I too have very limited knowledge with computers and was wondering the same.
Yes, it would seem to me that each customer would be a record in the database, an entry would be made for each stay (including the dates), and then something akin to a single call of a "COUNTIF" type function could be used to determine how many stays fall in the given period (in this case, 2019). But obviously it is not that simple, I guess...
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:11 am

It’s not only the app but the website as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.