Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points balance zero - stay in account activity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners

Hi,

I am brand new to Hilton Honors. I completed start of December a stay, and my points activity says I earned a good amount of points. However, my total points balance remains zero.

I have filed missing stay request, emailed Hilton Honors, but I only get what seems like standard answers about system updates, how to check for points activities etc. 5 replies, none solving my issue.

Am I stupid and missing something here? Any advice? Yes, I know, I should call them.

Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
1. Did you book directly through Hilton or a 3rd party website/agency?

2. Hilton has been going through an IT Update for a couple of months now. Be patient.

3. Does your HH# appear on the receipt?

4. Boilerplate responses are fairly standard for HH email customer care. They do a very good job at making it difficult to determine if a human or robot responded.

5. Was your "Missing Stay Request" filed via email or through the Missing Stay link on the website?

6. Call in. Most points issues can be handled by phone agents who can immediately apply the correct number of points.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The stay will post before the points do. I see this on almost all my stays. If I check the next day or 2 days after checkout I will see the stay but it will say 0 points. A couple days later the points post. So wait a few days and I think you will see the points post.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:54 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Baze
The stay will post before the points do. I see this on almost all my stays. If I check the next day or 2 days after checkout I will see the stay but it will say 0 points. A couple days later the points post. So wait a few days and I think you will see the points post.
The OP said their stay was at the start of December and enough time has passed for 5 emails to be sent and received.

Most likely it was a non-direct booking which doesn't earn Honors points.

If not, then main solution would be to call (getting a US-based agent is best, so evening/night Helsinki time).

Otherwise, how many points are we talking about, maybe just let it go and open a new account for the next directly-booked stay.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:19 am

The OP said his points activity shows ‘a good amount of points’ so his points have posted. Could the OP be looking at his 2019 elite qualifying total? Or possibly it’s just a glitch?

My ‘meter’ is still not showing anything. I wonder if it might have something to do with rollover nights.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

This was a stay booked directly on Hilton’s webpage. I joined only to get the Hilton Honors rate.

So the stay shows under ”points activity”. We are talking about roughly 124k points. When I go to my app, it says ”Hi niksal, 0 points”.

Customer services is saying that the points are in my account, but due to their IT upgrades I don’t see them and therefore cannot use them.

The missing stay request was done using the link on the webpage.

I guess I have to be patient and wait. But this is a really bad first experience with Hilton Honors.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I'm guessing this got flagged for potential fraud. Not saying there is fraud here, but that's a lot of points for a first stay.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Isn't there a limit of 100K points per stay or was it finally removed?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:42 pm

Stupid question, but OP have you checked the regular website and not just the app? App can be weird - even for a simple stay of mine ending Friday, for example, the app has nothing but website was spot on.

And yes, 124k is a big first stay, but I dont see what about that would be a trigger for a fraud flag. I dont know how the Hilton back end works, but presumably it flows from the properties into a central system. Not like it is something someone can really game.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

I actually don’t know how I ended up with that many points. Yes, it was a week at WA in Dubai, and I had signed up for some point promo. There are two x3 points in the points activity: ”2018 HH3 triple points offer” and ”CRM 3x points on next stay offer”. Base points were 24495.

When the issues started, I checked the website, but must admit I haven’t done that in a while. I was logged on maybe a week ago when I was trying to see whether I could use those points for something. Obviously couldn’t with a zero points balance.

Ok, if they suspect fraud (which I can assure is not the case - wouldn’t know how!), how long does that process take? And couldn’t CS just tell me that, instead of assuring me the points are in my account but simply not showing up due to IT?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Isn't there a limit of 100K points per stay or was it finally removed?
I believe that is a base point limitation that is still in effect.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I believe that is a base point limitation that is still in effect.
Per the T&C's I found online there is still a 100k point limit on base points with some exceptions. Reading the exceptions it looks like one WA property is exempt from the limit, but not the one the OP stayed at. It doesn't sound like OP hit this base point limit anyway, but I still think the large amount of first stay points has kicked this out to somebody that should be addressing this. A month is too long to have this corrected.

10.Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base Points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Canopy™ by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq hotels for which there is no cap.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by niksal
Ok, if they suspect fraud (which I can assure is not the case - wouldn’t know how!), how long does that process take? And couldn’t CS just tell me that, instead of assuring me the points are in my account but simply not showing up due to IT?
I doubt this is a suspected fraud issue. If the CS said the points are in your account I don’t see why one should think otherwise. You could test it with a dummy booking.

The extra x3 promo you got seems to be a promotion for new members. I saw this on a second ever stay in a friends account. Boosted his earnings for a 3 day stay at a mid level Hilton to well over 50,000 points.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Still no points. Which means I can't book with them, and not also see the points charges for award stays (I think - remember that I'm new to Hilton).

the 2019 status counter also has a "please wait until we reset...". Is that a common thing? Related?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:20 am
Original Poster

To close this case, I am happy to report that the points have now finally posted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.