Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Missing Milestone bonus - Hilton says they'll get to it by the end of the year (2019)

Missing Milestone bonus - Hilton says they'll get to it by the end of the year (2019)

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

I hit 60 nights on Dec 20. The stay and its points posted, but no Milestone bonus. I've been told by various support channels (chat, email - haven't tried calling yet) that they are working through their IT problems and the 40,000 points should post "soon".

Got this gem of a response today and thought I'd share it, Hilton rep says that it should be resolved by the end of the ... year! I'm not looking for any advice, I just thought this level of absurdity should be shared.

Response follows:

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that has caused you. In addition, we have noticed some Milestone bonuses have not been posted or, have not posted completely. Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and are working toward a resolution at this time; our current timeline is that we expect this issue to be resolved before the end of the year. Again we apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by levman
I hit 60 nights on Dec 20. The stay and its points posted, but no Milestone bonus. I've been told by various support channels (chat, email - haven't tried calling yet) that they are working through their IT problems and the 40,000 points should post "soon".

Got this gem of a response today and thought I'd share it, Hilton rep says that it should be resolved by the end of the ... year! I'm not looking for any advice, I just thought this level of absurdity should be shared.

Response follows:

Someone else posted the same response several weeks back. It refers to end of 2018 and was not updated.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Someone else posted the same response several weeks back. It refers to end of 2018 and was not updated.
I figured that this was likely the case, or that they meant end of the month, so I replied asking them if they really meant end of 2019, which I considered unacceptable. Instead of clarifying, they replied with "Rest assured that the missing information will reflect on your account as soon as possible".

So they had an opportunity to correct their flubbed statement, and they blew it. And I'm not resting assured that they'll get to this any time soon.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Cool

Spoke with Diamond Desk this morning about same missing milestone points...."it's a known issue and should be fixed by the end of the month"
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Well, on the plus side 2019 promotion milestone bonuses (5 stays/10 nights) appear to be working correctly! Will see if 40 night milestone bonuses are working later on this year. :/

Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ATLbase797
Spoke with Diamond Desk this morning about same missing milestone points...."it's a known issue and should be fixed by the end of the month"
Had the same issue, following contacting the chat and diamond desk few times without much help, I contacted the twitter, they posted the MS points into my account (40k) within few hours and added 20k points as a compensation for the inconvenience ... do it and you won't be let down 👍
levman likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VG3RMJC2
Had the same issue, following contacting the chat and diamond desk few times without much help, I contacted the twitter, they posted the MS points into my account (40k) within few hours and added 20k points as a compensation for the inconvenience ... do it and you won't be let down 👍
Great suggestion, I am not above (mostly) faux frustration in hopes of inconvenience compensation 😉. I just sent them a DM on Twitter. Which Twitter handle did you go to - HiltonHonors?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Well, Twitter worked - they added the 40k points to my account in minutes. Thanks for the tip! No additional points for the inconvenience, but I'm happy to finally have what I'm owed. Why couldn't any of the other channels (chat, email) do this vs making excuses? That's a rhetorical question...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:24 am

Well, Twitter worked - they added the 40k points to my account in minutes. Thanks for the tip! No additional points for the inconvenience, but I'm happy to finally have what I'm owed. Why couldn't any of the other channels (chat, email) do this vs making excuses? That's a rhetorical question...
Glad you made it 🤗🤗🤗, I believe that once contacting the media like twitter puts some pressure so that fixing issues quickly will be essential and will leavs a positive impression rather than keeping the frustration with the other channels.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Did you use @hiltonHHonors to contact them?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eric_o
Did you use @hiltonHHonors to contact them?
Yes. I sent it as a Direct Message rather than a public tweet.
eric_o and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
So I did a direct message on twitter to @Htilton Honors, and they added the missing points within 15 minutes. I think I'm gonna have to start using this twitter thing!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here is my story about this. Thanks to Flyertalk - albeit the other threads on this topic - I checked my account about this to discover that though I had the 40 Night Milestone, I didn't have anything after that, and that included the 30k additional Milestone at 60 nights. Now since the 2017 devaluation of Honors I generally regard Hilton points as Monopoly money - so long as I have a reasonable stash for the rare occasion I find them useful then that's all I bother about. I don't have a Hilton branded credit card which seems the bit of Honors which matters these days, every single point comes from stays. There was a time when Hilton Points were something I valued, particularly the old Points and Money scheme, but that ship sailed on 1 February 2017, and in any case IHG generally, and Radisson in particular, do a better job of this.

First off, on 28 December 2018 I finally worked out the missing Milestones, and called the freephone general Honors Europe number (not the Diamond Desk, just the first number I could find on my account page). That appears to route to Bulgaria but seems to have been answered in India. I got through to an agent immediately, and though he was very polite and patient, it took just under 10 minutes into the call before it became clear that he couldn't take the matter further, he wasn't empowered to fix the issue. He suggested I email [email protected]. Which I did, on 28 December. I should point out that the last time I directly contacted Honors corporate was over 6 yeas ago, I'm not exactly a serial complainant or worry wort.

Still on 28 December, maybe 2 hours later, I received an email back from the same address stating they had resolved the missing Milestones and that within 48 hours my account should be updated. In fact some of the Milestones were showing, but one was missing, as well as the 30k Milestone at 60 nights. It was partly complicated by the fact that another of the Milestone nights seems to have been paid in terms of my total Points, but it wasn't itemised in the account. As it happened after the New Year kicked in the layout changed slightly and that particular Milestone was itemised. Still however I looked at it, I was down 40k Points. Due to the 48 hours mentioned in the email I then felt I had to leave it for that period..

On 31 December I wrote in again to [email protected] and said "thanks but what about the Milestones you missed?". Same day reply, but a very different outcome: the Honors agent said "Please be informed that, I have raised a complain regarding missing milestone bonus points. Our dedicated team will further investigate and will revert you with better resolution within 3 to 5 business days. Here is your complain number: nnnn for future reference". There was a new email address mentioned for follow up, namely [email protected]

OK, so that's 5 business days, and I need to cut some slack for New Year. On 11 January 2019 I followed up on the complaint number using the guest.correspondance email address. I then got a detailed reply a few hours later, listing the Milestones which I had been credited with and concluded with "At this time, no additional points are due pertaining to your milestone bonus". So no 30k bonus at 60 nights and one milestone missing even though there was an obvious miss in the list of Milestones. It was as if the agent was completely unaware of the 30k Bonus. This particular email came from Diamond rather than Guest Correspondence.

Right, so on 12 January I sent [email protected] another email, quoting Hilton's website and FAQ, asking them to review this and to explain to me how I could misunderstand the extract on the FAQ that said "And on your 60th night per year, you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points."

Finally on 14 January I got a short and simple reply from [email protected] saying that they had added the points to my account. And they have, I'm now fully up to date. The email had a thank you for my enquiry, but no apology for the runaround.

In summary, one phone call and 4 emails were needed to resolve this. For anyone else in this position I would say there is no point telephoning. There may be a point of using Twitter (not something I use) otherwise emails to [email protected] will eventually work. Emails are responded to quite quickly, and so with patience you will get there in the end. And check your account statement!

For reference and searches, these are some of the other threads mentioning this issue
IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ays-miles.html
10000 (10k) bonus points every 10 nights, starting at 40 nights (Milestone Bonus)
And a quick ping to @HonorsRepresentative
hugolover and florens like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Interesting, as the response that I received from the case that was opened on my behalf, explicitly stated that the points could not be added manually to my account.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:14 am

I tried twitter and asked about my missing milestone bonus - I asked about 20,000 extra miles as others have gotten as well. I got a reply that they are working on the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. They didnt put the miles into my account or give me a bonus - oh well, worth a shot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.