Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gifting Hilton Gold as a 60+ night diamond in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade

I forgot about the gifting of gold status at 60+ nights in 2018, can I still gift status using my 2018 qualifications now?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you have until Jan 31.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AC Elite
Where do you do that?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:08 am

I’ve tried to gift Diamond status to the same party twice within the past couple of weeks...no confirmation, no notification to either party of any type. Will give it another week or so before escalating so I don’t bump up against the deadline at the end of the month.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I’ve tried to gift Diamond status to the same party twice within the past couple of weeks...no confirmation, no notification to either party of any type. Will give it another week or so before escalating so I don’t bump up against the deadline at the end of the month.
i gifted Gold to my MIL last weekend, checked her account yesterday and all is good.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I used the upthread URL after my 60th night, and in line with the service protocol it was done about 4 days later. The way it was notified was an email with the title "Your Hilton Honors account has been updated", with a reference in the email to "guest information", and logging in then showed the reciipient that Gold status had been reached.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I submitted my request on Jan 22nd, and have not heard back since. Given that the deadline is tomorrow, I wanted to make sure if I was missing anything for this and tried calling in. Diamond desk supervisor could not reach the status gifting department as they do not take calls apparently. Does the Hilton rep on the forum have any way to see if my request will go through?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by cennis
I submitted my request on Jan 22nd, and have not heard back since. Given that the deadline is tomorrow, I wanted to make sure if I was missing anything for this and tried calling in. Diamond desk supervisor could not reach the status gifting department as they do not take calls apparently. Does the Hilton rep on the forum have any way to see if my request will go through?
Did you nominate using the online form?

I did so last week, and the nominee’s account was updated in a couple of days. I got no email notification on my account, for either nominating, or it being granted.

Remember, tomorrow is the last day to nominate.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My plan is to e-mail the Diamond Desk if my recipient does not see his account updating in the morning. This way, at least I have proof I did not forget. They should really add some confirmation e-mails.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by cennis
Why not just ask the person you gifted? Seems pretty simple.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Why not just ask the person you gifted? Seems pretty simple.
Their status did not change.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I had troubles, too. My mate’s account was not upgraded even after my second try. That was in late December. I then contacted Lauren and after that my mate’s account went up to Hold. However, no email notifications neither for me nor for him
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
I had done this after I hit 100 nights last year, and also last week. Both times my recipient was never updated. I called Diamond desk this morning for this and another issue, she said she had already talked to several people the last few days, the word is the team that's working on the gift status are behind, and may take more than the 5 days it says on the website. For good measure I went through the page again today to gift status, so we'll see.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My friend's account was updated some time during the morning US Easter Time on Thursday 1/31 (I submitted the request Sunday night).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.