Hilton Da Nang {VNM}

Old Jan 3, 19, 7:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Da Nang {VNM}

Mods please merge if there is another thread specific to this property. I was unable to locate one.

Morning all,

Wondered if anyone has had any recent stays at the Hilton Da Nang and can give any feedback? Looks very nice compared to the Hilton Hanoi.

Thanks ^
Old Jan 3, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Did notice this warning on the website:
  1. You may experience some noise pollution at the poolside. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old Jan 4, 19, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, KE, NH, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Da Nang {DAD}

I figure with the recent CX mistake fare, this property could use its own thread.

I booked a one night stay in early February to position for my flight to HKG and I got an email the next day from the hotel to welcome me and ask for flight arrival and departure details.

I enquired about taxi service to the hotel and they offered a car service. 4 seater car for 404250 VND, 7 seater for 462000 VND. Are these prices reasonable or should I just take a meter taxi at the airport?
Old Jan 4, 19, 1:08 pm

I think over 400K VND is a tad too much for airport transportation and a metered taxi should be about half that amount. BTW, how much are you paying for the room (including tax)?
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:21 pm

3122831.25 VND/$134.59 USD prepaid rate for the basic King Guest Room with River View. I was also considering the Four Points for about $93 but I wanted to use my Diamond benefits.

Thanks for the info regarding the taxi. I had a feeling it was a little overpriced. Do you happen to know off hand if the taxis take credit cards or will I need to get some cash at the airport ATM?
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
I would suggest using Grab car, which accepts credit cards and is uber equivalent in South East Asia.
​https://bit.ly/2Vu3D3b​​​​​​
Pochama likes this.
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:07 am

Noisy construction on two sides

Iím staying down the street at the Novotel and was a bit bummed out to see that the Hilton is open - when I planned our VN trip a few months ago it wasnít coming up as an option. It looks like theyíve been open for only a couple of days.

We walked past the Hilton this evening and my wife commented that putting aside my desire to use HH points & Diamond status, we probably dodged a bullet - there is very active, noisy construction happening at high rises literally right next to & behind the hotel. The websiteís warning message about noise strikes me as pretty optimistic. If youíre not around the hotel during the day (including Saturdays) itís probably fine but otherwise I donít see how youíll avoid it.

Da Nangís first Starbucks is next door. And as one local commented to me, people are turning up to spend $5 for the same VN coffee they can get for a $1 at a local coffee shop down the block.
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:21 am

Grab vs. hotel transfer...

Iím staying down the street at the Novotel (they did a free airport transfer after I asked in advance via email) and a Grab taxi is coming up as 74,000 VND from airport to hotel & 67,000 VND for hotel to airport). Based on its location, the Hilton may even be a bit cheaper.

Even though my Grab account is linked to a credit card (US) it looks like you have to a VN card/account, otherwise you can use the app & just pay the driver in cash (which is what a lot of the locals do).
Old Jan 5, 19, 9:51 am

Programs: AY Plat, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by PHL Flyer View Post
Iím staying down the street at the Novotel (they did a free airport transfer after I asked in advance via email) and a Grab taxi is coming up as 74,000 VND from airport to hotel & 67,000 VND for hotel to airport). Based on its location, the Hilton may even be a bit cheaper.

Even though my Grab account is linked to a credit card (US) it looks like you have to a VN card/account, otherwise you can use the app & just pay the driver in cash (which is what a lot of the locals do).
I've used Grab in Vietnam with non-VN credit cards and everything has worked perfectly fine. However, if I recall correctly, I've had to register the card again on Vietnamese soil after landing (once the app's geo tracking recognised you're in VN), even though I had the same card saved in Grab in many other places.
Old Jan 5, 19, 11:31 pm

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll be using Grab.
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:03 am

This looks like a newly open hotel and prices seem ok. The 2-bedroom presidential suite goes for USD 258! There are 5 of us (3 kids) and I want to know if anyone knows the number of beds in this suite. The description only says 1 king but it says 2 bedroom... has anyone stayed here?
Old Jan 10, 19, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
The Hotel is really new and I bet no one here was at this short time there and occupied the Presidental Suite. How about sending an email to the Hotel and ask about that fact?
btw At the Hilton HP I can‘t see that there is only one King bed so I guess it will be two.
Old Jan 10, 19, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove View Post
The Hotel is really new and I bet no one here was at this short time there and occupied the Presidental Suite. How about sending an email to the Hotel and ask about that fact?
btw At the Hilton HP I canĎt see that there is only one King bed so I guess it will be two.
Yep, I wrote to the hotel directly and got an answer. The room has a king and 2 twin beds. Will report back after the stay
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi all,

Had a 2-night stay here recently and wanted to report back on the stay.

We got a taxi from the airport and it wasn't that much at all. I don't remember the exact amount but it was very small.

As a diamond we got given an executive floor room, however, I asked about paying for a suite and was given one for free.

The suite was really nice. Over 640 sq ft big. It looked over the river so had some great views of the city. Everything in the room is new.

The executive lounge was decent. It was located on the 23rd floor (I think) and had a good selection of appetizers and drinks. The staff were very proactive in coming around to fill up drinks and make sure everyone was taken care of.

The breakfast was located on the 2nd floor and is stunning. They offer a huge range of different options. My wife is a vegan and when we informed them they made her a special breakfast which was amazing.

The staff are spot on at this hotel. They really go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need.

The hotel itself is located in a decent part of town. If you come out of the hotel and turn right, you can spend a good day wandering around the side streets where there are some great coffee shops and restaurants.

The only negative was the construction on the building next door. They went on until around 8 pm. That said, we were so tired that we just passed out each night early, however, I could see that becoming annoying to some people.

They have done a great job with this hotel. You will not regret staying here if you have an upcoming booking.
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Great review, thanks. Really looking forward to staying.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: