Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Jul 26, 2002, 7:59 am

Hilton PBI airport is close and OK place to stay (old), there is nothing nearby.
Hilton Oceanfront is very nice, about 5 miles from PBI, but there is nothing right next to it.
Hilton Singer Island is few more miles away and nice.
Your best bet would be the airport Hilton (cheapest) and a taxi cab where ever you want to go. This way your morning would be OK.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:08 am

I agree. Not much choice as far as HHonors goes. The good news is that if you stay airport Hilton, you are about 3 miles by cab from CityPlace, which is a FANTASTIC area to spend some time. Modeled on an Italian city square, it contains shopping, dining, people watching, movies, etc. Plus, there is a free shuttle from CityPlace to Clematis Street, which has more shopping, dining, bars, and a heavy nightlife. Plus, Clematis Street goes all the way to the waterfront. (Recommend E.R. Bradley's on the water for dining/cocktails.) All this for a $5 cab ride. Great way to spend the evening. (Especially on weekends!)

[This message has been edited by SoFlaGuy (edited 07-26-2002).]
Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:46 am

Another vote for PBI Hilton. The property is kind of old, but you cannot beat the convenience.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:05 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I too give the PBI Hilton a thumbs up for location. The other properties eally don't have much to offer other than the beach.

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:06 am

I'm watching a Delta flight on final approach into PBI as I type this, and I remember the view one gets coming into PBI. As you will see when you land, there is not much to do around the airport itself. (Your not into Greyhound racing...are you?)

I'd also recommend the PBI Hilton,for the convenience factor. A non-Hilton option would be the Sheraton on Okeechobee. It is literally right next to City Place. I've never stayed there, so I can't comment on it, other than to say it looks a bit older.

I'd avoid the Singer Island Hilton, as it is accessible via Blue Heron Blvd...a very depressing, run-down, and sometimes dangerous road to be on, especially at night.

City place is great. From the airport, take I95 North to Okeechobee Blvd. Head East and City Place is about 2 miles on your left. You can't miss it. Dining is a bit pricey, but reasonable for what you get. Try City Cellar...great food and an excellent wine list.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could go 15 mins further North on I95 to Abacoa Town Center in Jupiter (where I live). It's like a mini City Place with more of a home-town, neighborly feel. Less crowded than City Place, which is more my style (I hate bumping into people every second, walking through crowds).

Traffic around the airport is a mess right now, so give yourself some extra time. They are building direct exits (North and South) off of 95 to feed the airport. Will be nice when it's complete, but a nightmare right now!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Enjoy your stay in the Palm Beaches!
(sheesh...I sound like the recording at the airport! )

[This message has been edited by Bean (edited 07-26-2002).]
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:30 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Recently had a poor stay at the FLL Hampton Inn. We waited for almost an hour for the shuttle at around 11 PM. The Hotel is dirty and as we were checking inn - security was throwing out a family and all their belongings. The Hotel is infested with kids around midnight running around like crazy. The business office was a kids centre because all the kids were on the computers deleting system files from windows exp´lorer. No idea where the parents were.

Brakfast was poor, hallways were dirty, airconditioning was stale and rooms well worn. Avoid at all costs.

Cheers
Old Aug 7, 2002, 4:01 pm

Sarasota, FL recommendations/comments on Hilton properties

We are thinking of staying around the Sarasota, FL area for one night in October and wondered if anyone has any recommendations/comments on the Hilton properties in the area.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 6:01 am

I don't know Sarasota. There is a "new" Hilton in Naples, very nice, good location (5 min. to beach, next to an upscale shopping center). With a Shula Steakhouse.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 9:54 am

There is a Hilton on Longboat Key off Sarasota coast. Never been there, but I know its there.

Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:51 am

palm beach gardens FL.-embassy or d tree which is better?

staying in palm beach gardens FL area
which hilton family property is best?
which treat s gold's better?
Old Aug 20, 2002, 5:06 am

I have stayed at the Embassy on PGA Boulevard and it was quite nice. The water pond in the atrium has live swans swimming around in it (maybe they were geese, I'm not a bird expert). As a gold I got a room upgrade one time (corner room up high) and every time I got a gift pack (bottled water, snacks) in the room and a signed welcome note from the manager. Breakfast and happy hour were typical of Embassy style (good) and there is a small sports bar attached to the complex that is OK if you are looking for casual. Not too much dining within close walking distance, but then I don't know the area that well. Have not stayed at the Double Tree. Have fun! Stan
Old Aug 20, 2002, 8:52 am

I have stayed at the Dtree several times, and it's ok. Breakfast is a continental buffet in the dining room; the staff have always been pleasant enough. No lounge of course, nothing to upgrade to, either.

There's also a Hampton Inn just on the other side of I-95 that usually has lower rates than the DTree.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 2P, Hilton Dia
I stayed at the Doubletree as a Gold and didn't get much of anything. My room was very nice, but I don't think they have any upgrades available for Golds. Actually they wouldn't honor the increased check cashing limit for Golds.

The hotel is nice though and the staff has always been very pleasant. Even when telling me that they couldn't cash a check for more than $50 they did it very professionally and with a smile.

On a side note - that was the only time I ever tried to use the check cashing priviledge, is that common? I was having problems with my ATM card, so a check was the only way to get cash. I was forced to write a check for $50 every morning instead of the increased limit.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:23 am

ES is better. DT is usually cheaper. Given that, it's a wash.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 6:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
Just spent a one nighter at FLL airport Hilton. Reception was amongst the friendliest I've received at any Hilton, no hassle with Gold card an was already upgraded (without asking) to HH floor, free breakfast coupon, and also a coupon for two free drinks at the bar. Room was nice, but the bathroom was quite dirty - numerous pubic hairs on the floor and in the tub. Icky!!!

I was quite hesitant to stay here, but after this stay will most likely use this hotel again for my next visit. Waiting to see how long it takes for the stay to post.

UPDATE: As of 10 minutes ago, the stay is posted to my HH account. Looks like HH has taken steps to get this property up to standards. Way to go HH!

GMF

[This message has been edited by goldmedallionflyer (edited 08-23-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.