Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2001, 8:56 pm

The Hampton Inn in Florida City is a bit rundown (but is the oly half-decent hotel in town), and they don't believe in upgrades or have ever heard of the Hampton Touch. However, last time I was there (early Nov.) high speed internet connection was free.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 9:58 am

Stay away from the Boca Raton Doubletree...it is a dive. The train comes by frequently and the rooms have no sound proofing, the maids start pounding on doors at 8am...every room I have stayed in is ant infested, the furnishings are worn, tacky and the bathrooms are moldy, and in disrepair, the drains are clogged...cars were severly vandalized in the lot last year...basically it is a filth hole...by the by, because my company forces me to, I have had to endure this hell-hole for many, many months...the Embassy across the street is better, but for an Embassy it is not clean either....the management at both properties have major attitude problems...the Hampton just down the road (on Yamato) is very pricey for a Hampton, but one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms are fantastic, the staff about the best I have run across...they have some minor problems but they really do go out of their way there...in my opinion all Hiltons employees could benefit from their training...
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum

I stayed at the Boca Raton Hampton Inn in 2000 for 4 nights for work. I can't say enough about the quality of service at that hotel. They gave me vouchers to use a beautiful health club next door and had juice and cookies in the evening. Very nice.

[This message has been edited by catwood (edited 01-22-2002).]
Old Jan 22, 2002, 1:34 pm

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
Stay away from Doubletree Surfcomber on South Beach, Doubletree Grand in Miami and the Hampton Inn Clearwater.

Marginal would be the Doubletree at Palm Beach Gardens.

Good Stays were Hampton’s in Boynton Beach, Juno Beach, Fort Pierce, Ellenton, Port Charlotte, Marathon Key, and the Hilton Walt Disney World Resort.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 3:09 pm

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
I'll second that suggestion to stay away from the Doubletree Grand in Miami... and to think it has so much promise; yet personnel there could care less and treat the guests like scum. Ditto for the Doubletree in Coconut Grove... avoid it like the plague.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:12 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Nice Florida stays (I posted a little more detail in the Compliant Hotels thread):

- Embassy USF Campus (North Tampa): very clean, well-run hotel. Frequently the best value for an HHonors property in the area.
- Hampton Inn Temple Terrace: very clean and nice for a Hampton. Kind of on the high-end price wise, call the Embassy directly and you'll sometimes get a lower rate than the Hampton.
- TPA Airport Hilton: Bare-bones Hilton, but convenient, clean, and usually good rates.
- Hilton Clearwater: They treat their Golds well. Upgrades, breakfast no problem. They offer VERY low room rates, but jam you with a LOT of backdoor charges (parking, "resort fees", etc.). Understand the whole rate before you go, but usually you will still find it competitive. Right on the beach.

Place I have nuetral feelings towards:
- Hampton Disneyworld: Kind of a tired old Hampton next to the highway, but hey - for $44/night, it wasn't bad.

Places to Avoid:

- DoubleTree Busch Gardens (North Tampa): It's a dump. Crappy phones. Looks like it was a HoJo before DoubleTree came in and changed the signs.
- Embassy near TPA Airport: It's an overpriced dump overlooking a mall and the highway. There's a Waffle House in the parking lot if you get drunk enough for a craving.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 9:48 pm

Programs: LY Plat, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Edan Plat, Priority Club Plat
STAY AWAY FROM THE HILTON FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT!!!

Horrible hotel. Property itself not bad, but be very carefull, many people including myself have had stuff stolen from their rooms. Also, the gm is a total a**
Old Jan 23, 2002, 5:43 am

Programs: Everyone!
Had a good experience at Tampa/ North Reddington Beach.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 7:24 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Marco Island- Nice beachfront property w/medium sized pool, OK rates for waterfront,
needed to "fight" for breakfast, was upgraded.

Hilton Miami Airport- great rates, I like the hotel, slammin salsa music in the dance club,
great big pool area, upgraded & breakfast for asking.

Fountainebleau Miami Beach Hilton - run down old hotel, pool is good, beach is great, but on the north side of mi beach, thus not w/in walking distance of the south beach action. I usually stay at the airport and drive to s.beach. fight for upgrades and breakfast.

Hilton Walt Disney World Orlando - huge souless place, I hate disney world so I was turned off for the most part. upgraded and breakfast no problems.

Hilton Longboat Key - Nice quiet beachfront loca. breakfast no prob, fight for upgrade. Is not easy access to Tampa/St Pete area.

St. Petersburg Hitlon - Quiet location, good location for easy transit to Tampa or beaches of St. Pete. upgrades/breakfast no problem.

Tampa Airport Hilton - great rates, easy transit to Tampa and St. Pete beaches. breakfast yes, upgrade no (but what are you going to look at? more airport?)

Tampa Westshore Hilton - VERY near airport. Difference in rates and no pool made it not worth it IMO.

Tampa Ybor City Garden Inn - very clean hotel, upgrade and breakfast no problem. Excellent location for dinner/partying in Ybor City (Walk to all). VERy easy transit to downtown Tampa. Secured parking.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Just got back from a reward stay and dive get away at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Islamorada (mm 80). Nice property, comped to an Oceanview suite. Outback Steakhouse attached to the hotel w/ a outdoor tiki bar by the pool. Definately would recommend.

ontherun
MD (but only on weekends)

[This message has been edited by ontherun (edited 01-23-2002).]
Old Feb 9, 2002, 10:02 pm

ES Orlando N (Next to Altamonte Springs Mall) Very nice: New, with great manager's reception and made to order breakfasts. Keith the chef was very good and clearly knows what customer service is all about. The indoor pool was nice. There was a sauna but I never got a chance to use it. The desk clerk left an unprompted call shortly after I checked in to ask if everything was ok (nice touch). Hotel was nicely appointed. Rooms were large, microwave, fridge wet bar and bed extremely comfortable. Lake with multiple boardwalks in back were a nice touch. Within walking distance to Altamonte Mall.

Doubletree in Tampa near Busch Gardens is Dreck! Nothing to indicate it's a Hilton Property. Quite a disappointment according to colleagues that stayed there.

Homewood Suites in same area of Tampa were about a 7.5 on scale of 1 to 10...nice appointed, small two room suites...better than continental breakfast.

Old Feb 10, 2002, 7:28 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Sorry Blackjack-21: The Sunrise Hilton was a big disappointment for us. If it wasn't for George, one of the managers, it would have been a total disaster. Dirty sheets from previous guests on the sofabed, terrible service, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 9:36 am

I agree with travelrules about the Hilton FLL airport. The 'gym' was the kicker for me.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 12:51 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Agree, Stay away from Hilton FLL Airport. An hour wait for the van from 11p.m. to midnight. Did get upgrade to "Honors floor" Dirty hallways, dingy, ceiling had fallen in in the breakfast area. Was fixed the next morning. High point, the woman manning the breakfast area. Low point, everything else. Points took over 3 months to post. Required Kristy Hall's intervention to get complaint to Hotel. Tried at check-out and they basically ignored me.

Response from hotel was that they talked to personnel about the problem.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Old Feb 10, 2002, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear of your bad stay at the Sunrise Hilton. We've stayed there six or seven times in the past few years without a problem (okay, once had a very noisy air-conditioner that didn't really cool well--but the staff switched us to another room quickly). And maid service anywhere can be haphazard at times. I'm not apologizing for your not completely made up room, just saying it's possible anywhere. In Vegas several years go, we got checked into a room (at 7PM), that was filthy, hadn't been made up at all from the previous guests, and really needed a good cleaning--got this changed quickly after some serious yelling at the manager and his staff.
So it does happen. Just gotta get after them to get it right.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.