Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Koby
Late answer... but there are no rooms on the same floor as the executive lounge. (Unless they are very well hidden?) So I'm not sure what (s)he is complaining about...
i don't think there was any complaint in the post....it seems like he/she just made a statement that the upgrade was to an executive floor but not on the floor which has the lounge, which probably means that he/she was not aware of the fact that there are no rooms (hidden or otherwise) on that floor....
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Hotel Ferry

Can anyone who has stayed at the Millennium recently confirm if they still have their hotel ferry? One TA post last week mentioned that the Hilton has discontinued the hotel ferry and told customers to use the public ferry.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Can anyone who has stayed at the Millennium recently confirm if they still have their hotel ferry? One TA post last week mentioned that the Hilton has discontinued the hotel ferry and told customers to use the public ferry.
Hi,

Last month was available. I would be surprised if they discontinue it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:55 am

Hilton boat available last month and last week to the Saphan Taksin BTS station about every 20 minutes all day, and also goes on to Asiatique on some trips in the evening.

Boat across to River City hasn't been running for some months now, but the public ferry is about 100 yards from the Hilton pier, and costs only a few Baht.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Any recent stays? And upgrades for diamonds? Wondering if the reduction in tourism has done anything for availability and upgrades

Also, it seems that the general consensus is that breakfast in the lounge is on par with FLOW - maybe with the exception of Sunday brunch
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by explorer84
Any recent stays? And upgrades for diamonds? Wondering if the reduction in tourism has done anything for availability and upgrades
Several or my regular hotels in Bangkok are telling me they are at 90% capacity on most days and advanced bookings for Nov/Dec are solid. The tourism lull seems to have passed.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by explorer84

Also, it seems that the general consensus is that breakfast in the lounge is on par with FLOW - maybe with the exception of Sunday brunch
I have not had good luck with significant upgrades as a Diamond. I always end up in a basic executive room, regardless of what room I book. They did offer to upsell me a suite upgrade as a Gold once, and the two times I've been there as a Diamond they were very busy (once with a wedding, once with some other event).
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Several or my regular hotels in Bangkok are telling me they are at 90% capacity on most days and advanced bookings for Nov/Dec are solid. The tourism lull seems to have passed.
For Hilton properties, I bet the 50% off sale helped a bit too!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Arriving on Thursday from Phuket.
Will arrive at the international airport (BKK) at arround 1:45pm.
What are my best bets for travel to the Millenium Hilton? Is traffic usually busy at this time?

I will have 1 suitcase only.

Am I right in thinking airport Express to Phaya Thai, then train to Siam(change) to Saphan Taskin then Hotel ferry is easy enough?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Simmonds87
What are my best bets for travel to the Millenium Hilton? Is traffic usually busy at this time?

Am I right in thinking airport Express to Phaya Thai, then train to Siam(change) to Saphan Taskin then Hotel ferry is easy enough?
A taxi (with meter) door to door will cost you less than 10. Traffic should be reasonable. The route you described will work too, if that's what you prefer.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold

For Bangkok, traffic at 2pm is fairly light but fairly light for Bangkok is heavy for most cities. Certainly a taxi will be much easier and the additional cost is negligible (250-300฿). I'd take a taxi, unless you're sensitive to your carbon footprint, want to experience their mass transit systems, or have some other reason to take the trains.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott

Too much faffing around on trains etc. Just get a taxi or arrange an AOT limo from baggage claim area. Much easier.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I did this two weeks ago, with a 145pm arrival from Singapore, one suitcase and a small backpack. It is easy to do, costs 45 baht for the train and 42 baht for Skytrain. You will need to go up or down stairs at Saphan Taskin and Phaya Thai. Took a bit over an hour, Skytrain was SRO and very crowded.

If you need to exchange money, there is a booth at Phaya Thai on the walkway between the airport train and the Skytrain, with good rates for cash, much better than the airport rates.

Last edited by jbeckett; Nov 25, 2014 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I did this two weeks ago, with a 145pm arrival from Singapore, one suitcase and a small backpack. It is easy to do, costs 45 baht for the train and 42 baht for Skytrain. You will need to go up or down stairs at Saphan Taskin and Phaya Thai. Took a bit over an hour, Skytrain was SRO and very crowded.
Yes, I'm sure it did take over an hour. The Hilton hotel ferry (free) runs every 20 minutes, I believe. It is very picturesque, but if you're in a hurry, I would take a taxi.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Thanks!

Looking at it the express airport train doesn't run to Phaya Thai anymore? Is that right?

Any point in taking the express to Makkasan then a taxi? Or does the defeat the purpose? Really hate sitting in any traffic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.