Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Beach Spring Break Recommendation with Family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

I am looking for a resort/hotel located on a beach for a family (2 adults and 1 9 year old child) that I can use points/certificates at for spring break the first week in April. Looking for a nice hotel with a nice pool and beach that doesn’t put us in two double beds. 1 king with a sofa bed (or even a rollaway if room permits) or two queens would work. I am located in Ohio, so Florida or the Caribbean would probably work best, but I won’t completely rule out other areas. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
You have a somewhat limiting list of constraints. Try the ESJ SJU, decent hotel right on a splendid beach, and out of the main track of Spring Break demand. IIRC this property has 2 queen rooms as an option for standard award redemption. In full disclosure I have not been there myself since the hurricane last year but have heard from others the tourist areas in SJU are mostly back to normal.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Look at Marco Island in Florida
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lehava
Look at Marco Island in Florida
Thanks. In addition to this property, does anyone have any thoughts on Hilton or Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, ES Deerfield Beach, Hilton Singer Island, Hilton Rose Hall (no certificates here), Hilton Ponce (not sure if can do rollaway in King Room, but says 3 for max occupancy), or Hilton Aruba?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
The Aruba Hilton will meet your requirements but can be a little pricey. The AUA airport can be very congested on weekends.

Another option for you is the Hilton in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, FL. This property has beach, pool, Tiki bar and close proximity to NASA, if that is of interest to the 9 year old. The only drawback to this property is that it is not too close to any large airports.

-Goat
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at Singer Island several times. It's a nice beach. I doubt it gets much spring break business. There are some good restaurants but they are a bit of a drive. I stay there to dive Blue Heron Bridge. They have a nice snorkel trail there. I've never gotten upgraded; breakfast is good. They charge for parking (gated lot but no one actually watching it). I think the resort fee includes one hour of water sports (a day, maybe, maybe not). It's close to Palm Beach so there are some museums to visit. I am pretty sure it's two queen beds.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Hilton Clearwater Beach is a great option.
etna likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Boca Raton - Waldorf. Very upscale, we stayed there with kids over spring break and it was a great spot. Marco Island - stayed with kids it was nice but not as nice as Boca. Hilton Sandestin - best beach and room layout for kids (bunkbeds tucked away). Bu it was spring break gridlock. I remember waiting forever to get an elevator and dining was a hot mess.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
In addition to this property, does anyone have any thoughts on Hilton or Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, ES Deerfield Beach...
I live within walking distance of the Hilton and Conrad on Fort Lauderdale Beach. During most of the year, they are great for families. But, during Spring Break the beach area is not someplace you'd want to take a 9 year old. Chances are strong you'll see college kids flashing something. And most of the Spring Breakers will be drunk most of the day. Last year I was walking along the beach and saw college kid throw up in the street. It was a little before 10am.

In Florida, Spring Break lasts for 3 or 4 weeks because different schools take different weeks off. You may get lucky in that your week off is different from the party schools' week off. Since it's hard to know exactly when the "bad" weeks will fall, I'd avoid Fort Lauderdale Beach altogether.

I haven't spent a ton of time in Deerfield Beach. It will certainly be less crazy than Fort Lauderdale, though.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I live within walking distance of the Hilton and Conrad on Fort Lauderdale Beach. During most of the year, they are great for families. But, during Spring Break the beach area is not someplace you'd want to take a 9 year old. Chances are strong you'll see college kids flashing something. And most of the Spring Breakers will be drunk most of the day. Last year I was walking along the beach and saw college kid throw up in the street. It was a little before 10am.

In Florida, Spring Break lasts for 3 or 4 weeks because different schools take different weeks off. You may get lucky in that your week off is different from the party schools' week off. Since it's hard to know exactly when the "bad" weeks will fall, I'd avoid Fort Lauderdale Beach altogether.

I haven't spent a ton of time in Deerfield Beach. It will certainly be less crazy than Fort Lauderdale, though.
I am looking at the first week in April. I believe most colleges have spring break earlier, right?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have some family members who have repeatedly enjoyed the ES in Destin, FL. The ES brand standards - separate spaces and a 2nd TV, breakfast included, manager's reception - work well for families. Early April may find the weather fine for beach walks but cool for ocean swimming.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Check out the El Con in PR. Their private island, Palomino, can't be beat.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Check out the El Con in PR. Their private island, Palomino, can't be beat.
Has it reopened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.