Old Dec 29, 18, 9:30 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Arrow Hilton La Romana {DOM}

Hilton La Romana, Dominican Republic

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Carr. Bayahibe, Los Melones 23000, Dominican Republic

Hilton La Romana, Dominican Republic (5 Photos)

Completed one week stay at this resort last month with family.
In fact, we checked in the day the resort got converted to Hilton and I was their first Diamond member. Probably their first Hilton member too.
We enjoyed the stay and over all very positive experience.
They welcomed us with nice flower arrangements and dessert set up in our room before our check-in.

It has both Family section and adults section. Adults can go both sides no matter wich side you stay. Some restarents are for adults only. Some restarents have dress code.

My youtube links to buffet restarent videos:

https://youtu.be/Ac5kZUUyfMU

https://youtu.be/j0n0K3MLFaE

Link to swim up room

https://youtu.be/LmQRycvsh1s

The Good:
1. The staff is their biggest strength. Everyone is so friendly, helpful and cheerful.
2. The nightly entertainment is great most days. The young artists performed high energy great quality dances.
3. There are lots of organized activities through out the day to keep engaged and I liked how they hook people to participate with fun money that can be used for some fun actions.
4. Lots of pools. The preferred pool was mostly quite and if you need quite time, that is the place. But with our kids we always spent time at the main pool where there are other activities.
5. Plenty of lounge chairs at pools and beach.
6. Several non motorized water sports for free
7. The spa is very serene with all the huts and gardens.
8. Nice teen area to entertain kids for most of the time
9. Saw young kids area where they had activities all day. Their nightly movie set up was cute with their own soda bar and popcorn.
10. Pool side pizza, fresh fruit on the beach and coffee shop are our favorites out of plenty of restaurant options they have. Loved their coffee and fruits.
Very nice beach and great sun set photo opportunities

Improvement opportunities:
1. Only less than half of the staff speak English. With Hilton acquiring, they need some English lessons. But they should continue those local friendly staff as they have now.
2. Lot of activities do not follow the time. Often delayed by 15-30 minutes or cancelled completely.

Over all, we enjoyed the stay and you will not be disappointed if you go here.

IMG_5953.JPGIMG_6202.JPGIMG_6349.JPGIMG_6597.JPGIMG_6999.JPG:

Check In

Since it is day 1 of converting to Hilton, it was little unorganized and they made us wait until 4PM to get our room ready.

Room

The preferred section rooms are renovated and we had swimout rooms where a nice pool is accessble directly from room's patio. 

Rain shower, stocked mini bar

Service

All the staff is extreamly friendly

Dining

A huge buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner

A 24 hour coffee shop with awesome coffee and desserts

About 10 different restarents, some open only for dinner, some lunch and dinner. Some are adults only and some require dress code

Room service is free

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton La Romana, Dominican Republic?

No, thank you.
Yes
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Dec 29, 18, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

how was the beach quality?

Last edited by beachfan; Dec 29, 18 at 6:16 pm
Old Dec 29, 18, 6:31 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

The sea is quite and no seaweed.
the resort beach is not wide, less than 100 ft but plenty of chairs and very clean.
there are some activities on beach too and some restaurants
Old Dec 29, 18, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the review. Maybe I missed it, but what was this property converted from?
Old Dec 29, 18, 9:27 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

It was called as Dreams La Romana, a Playa group resort.
they will undergo extensive renovations early next year.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks so much for this detailed report. After reading this, I was eager to book a week for my family on points but they charge $60/per child over 3 yo. $120/night for my 4 and 5 yo seems like a poor use of points so I'm thinking of returning to Rose Hall Hilton in Jamaica which would only charge us for one kid (kids over 6 and older) next year.

Are there any hiking or sightseeing opportunities off of the resort or decent snorkeling off the beach? I've never traveled to the DR, thanks for the info!
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fishee View Post
Are there any hiking or sightseeing opportunities off of the resort or decent snorkeling off the beach? I've never traveled to the DR, thanks for the info!
Not sure about snorkeling but I wouldn’t venture out of the resort with very small kids. La Romana itself isn’t a tourist area.
Old Jan 28, 19, 9:30 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

They did not charge us anything extra for 2 kids. May be we got lucky as they were too new. I was thinking they will tag that at check out but no.
Old Jan 29, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: AA PLT
Do you happen to know if there's a tool like expertflyer for hilton point redemptions or do I just need to check regularly to see if the points/night has dropped?
Old Feb 6, 19, 2:22 pm
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Hi @kcdude, many thanks for the report. I was surprised to see this property converted to the Hilton family and I am looking forward to it.

As this is an all-inclusive resort, which extras did you have as a Diamond member? I am a Gold member and would like to know what to expect.
Old Mar 1, 19, 11:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

They upgraded us to swim up preferred room. Sent welcome amenity of a nice flower arrangement, decorated bed, wine, assortments of treats as pictured above. That's all.
Old Mar 31, 19, 11:55 am

We are looking at spending a few days here in June. Does anyone know the transportation fees from SDQ to the resort?
Old Jun 11, 19, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Has anyone been able to get the kid fees taken off or the front desk just not count the kids during your stay? I should have only put 2 adults on the reservation at first then just added the kids. Wonder if you just slipped the hotel desk a 20 and they would just not count the kids.
Old Sep 22, 19, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Any updates on the Adults only resort? I'm considering a stay over NYE here as a Diamond member. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm set to stay here in Aug. The resort is being split into two. There is the Adult only resort and the Family Resort. I'm booked with the Adult Only resort. My stay will be my birthday celebration and adult family vacation, so I'm looking foward to this. We have 6 rooms booked.

I have been communicating with concierge and they have been very responsive! I wanted to share what they told me about the benefits that Diamond members receive for the Adult only resort.

Diamond members automatically get upgraded to premium benefits, so there is no need to pay extra for it

These are the Premium/Diamond benefits

• Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service

• Premium status and amenities

• Access to private lounge, private pool and private beach area

• Pillow menu

• Bathrobes and slippers

• Daily continental breakfast and afternoon hot and cold hors d’oeuvres in private lounge

• Exquisite desserts and fine liquors in private lounge

• Upgraded mini bar (more items).

• Breakfast and lunch a la carte at Noor Restaurant.

There is a premium adult only pool in addition to an infinity adult only pool. The family side should be completed next month. A water park is being built on the family side, but I'm not sure when that will be completed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: