Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton La Romana {DOM}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by patter98
The website is showing an uncharge of 14,000 points a night when I search for 2 adults compared to 1 adult. As a Diamond, am I able to book the room for 1 adult but then arrive with 2 adults (wife and I) as part of the 2nd guest free benefit or does that not apply to All-Inclusives? Anyone have experience in doing so?
Oh god, I did I did this by mistake (with my now ex partner). They tried to make us pay $99 a NIGHT extra (we were staying for 10 nights). They phoned the diamond desk who refused to intervene and said it was all down to the resort. Eventually got them down to $60 a night but I don't recommend doing it. It was super stressful. I complained to HQ and got nowhere. Thankfully, my ex has had more success and I've had 130k points back.

Also, a warning, we found the food to be poor in the evenings. For example, the pasta was mush and the sauced clearly tinned. The vegetarian options at dinner were pretty non existent. They promised to may "something special" which was literally a small portion of plain couscous and 2 pieces of carrot and broccoli. There were a couple of okay places to eat in La Romana though.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Hi There

With the La Romana re-opening on the 1st of July and flights from UK starting again from next month, we booked a cheeky 2 week 'escape from COVID' trip! Don't really care if services are not in full steam - all I need is a beach, sun and a bottle of rum or 10!)

Due to the fact its 50/50 that the UK or PC might go back into lockdown in 6 weeks, we booked a package via a global ATOL travel agent rather than booking separately. That way, if the hotel isn't ready we won't be left stranded and vice versa.

The only thing is - as I didn't go directly I probably wont get points. However, when I spoke to Honors they said that I might get points if the agent can add this to the booking. The agency (TUI) is overrun with people canceling (we're among the few crazies still wanting a holiday) so the phone lines have been jammed so it could be days before I speak to them. I can live without the points but as I'm Diamond wanted to know even if I booked through an agency - will I still be able to use the Dimond perks like Club lounges, beach & pools?

Honors said 'most likely as all our Diamonds are special ' but they couldn't reach the hotel as its currently closed to confirm.

Saw some kind person put a status matrix on this thread but not too sure if that's only if you book directly?

Thanks all!

(Yes I know I'm bonkers for still wanting to go on holiday during COVID but this trip is purely for my own safety.... I fear my Missus will kill me quicker than COVID if we are forced to spend another month stuck at home!)
Old May 18, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
You already know that Diamond benefits are supposed to be for when you directly book through Hilton. It is up to the hotel if they want to award it to you, but it is up to them. Since these are the days of the pandemic, they might cut you some slack. The only way you will find out is through the Hilton La Romana itself
Old May 18, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
You already know that Diamond benefits are supposed to be for when you directly book through Hilton. It is up to the hotel if they want to award it to you, but it is up to them. Since these are the days of the pandemic, they might cut you some slack. The only way you will find out is through the Hilton La Romana itself
well I was hoping there might be someone who has experienced what I’m trying to do as the hotel won’t be taking calls until a week before they reopen. Mind you - never had a problem before at any Hilton property on the occasion someone else has booked for me . Even when I’ve booked the Missus in somewhere they’ve kindly upgraded her room and given lounge access etc. Obviously never expect to receive points. This is the first time I think I’ve ever stayed at a Hilton inclusive resort which usually aren’t like a ‘true’ hotel and I imagine have slightly different rules. Still 50/50 chance we’ll be spending the summer in lockdown!
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:19 pm

Any recent reports? Thinking of going here this spring if I can secure a covid test before returning to the US.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dcht
Any recent reports? Thinking of going here this spring if I can secure a covid test before returning to the US.

FYI, Hilton La Romana is part of Playa Resorts. They will provide comp antigen COVID-19 testing for guests traveling to the U.S for a few months (as of now). This will also be on-site. I'm heading to the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana next month, so this is awesome and one less thing to worry about.

​​​​​​https://www.playaresorts.com/covid-1...5bDAM3JndBSSK8
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Any recent reports?
I stayed in the adults-only part for 2.5 weeks in December - feel free to ask whatever you like to know.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Hello all. I'm trying to plan a 5 nights family escape here for Easter. There's me (Diamond), my husband (Gold), one 13yo and one 14yo.

Now, if I recall correctly, even if I book two rooms the Diamond benefits are extended only to another person, not to everyone in the rooms. Therefore, I'm wondering what is the best choice of room's category to book to have the maximum benefits for all of us. Also, from the website is not clear what the Premium category means in the Family side of the resort. For the adult side there are a couple of "exclusive" pool and beach areas and concierge service... but for the family side?

If it matters I'm going to pay mostly cash, since I just have points enough for one basic room.

P.S.
Any suggestion for transportation from SDQ to the Hilton?

Thanks in advance for any tip/suggestion
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Hotel contact

Hi! I am planing a five night stay on points. Some days ago I talked to HHonors chat and they stated Diamond guests have no premium benefits. I am aware that some time ago those benefits were honored. Any updated info on this? Or does anyone have the hotel’s email so I can doublecheck? Thabks and safe trips!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hi! I am planing a five night stay on points. Some days ago I talked to HHonors chat and they stated Diamond guests have no premium benefits. I am aware that some time ago those benefits were honored. Any updated info on this? Or does anyone have the hotel’s email so I can doublecheck? Thabks and safe trips!
The HH chat agent I contacted 2 weeks ago told me exactly the opposite: diamond guests receive premium benefits. It was also confirmed by the hotel, together with the assurance that diamonds get upgraded to premium rooms.
The email for the hotel is [email protected]. Do not expect a swift reply, though.

I "tried" to book a week there for April... but seems improbable I will actually go due departure country restrictions.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Consistency!

I love consistency!!! Thanks for the info, Thabk you very much for the feedback. Perhaps I’ll try another agent next time! Thanks for the contact info!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:17 pm

I stayed there (adult-only part) in December - was gold at that time and got my benefits. Use the email address provided on their Facebook page - my response came within 24 hours.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Just booked 7 nights in the family resort for 2 adults and a three years old little guy in April the cheapest room with garden view. As Diamond member I will be probably upgraded to next level ( premium with partial ocean view) , but hoping for a family suite upgrade .
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by BRflyer
We were there last November. We booked the basic rooms and were upgraded to Premium due to Diamond status. In my opinion, you wouldn't miss anything if not upgraded.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:01 pm

Hi all,
Really appreciate any advice...
I have been looking at this hotel for a 10 day or so booking in early August for a couple of weeks.
When I last checked (a few days ago), it was 80k points per night. Today I try and book and it's 232k per night. The cash rate has also gone up a lot as well.
Any ideas? Will it go back down?!
Thanks,
James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.