Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites Breakfast Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)

I haven't stayed at a Homewood Suites facility -- how does their "free" breakfast compare with those offered at Hamptons, HGI's and ESs ?

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; Dec 27, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Moreorless the same as a Hampton breakfast - but I have found those vary according to which property.
tynmar likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
+1 with the above post.
hampton is a pretty close match. If you do stay soon go with low expectations.

i now crave an embassy suites breakfast @:-)
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
Not even close to a Hampton breakfast. Most Homewood's are great with a nice selection of hot and cold items. Although they are not consistent across the chain, it is my favorite motel breakfast under the ES's.
A few of the cooks will even offer to cook you your own eggs.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by LauraTR
Not even close to a Hampton breakfast. Most Homewood's are great with a nice selection of hot and cold items. Although they are not consistent across the chain, it is my favorite motel breakfast under the ES's.
I have to disagree here, going along with the rest of the comments. Homewood and Hampton breakfasts have been pretty much interchangeable in my experience.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Homewood suites has normal plates and mugs. The one thing I despise about Hampton's is the disposable (environment littering, non sustainable) plastic. I can handle the food, I just abhor the tableware.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:04 pm

Hamptons generally better IME.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by LauraTR
Never stayed at Homewood, but are you saying it's better than the HGI offerings?

I skip the crummy Hampton breakfasts myself (and some Hilton have just as bad as Hampton, but others are better), but I usually eat at HGI.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does Homewood offer bacon, ham, Canadian bacon (even if it's from a turkey), etc. or just breakfast sausage in some form (links, patties, etc.) every single day? Does anyone know if there's a brand standard here or more generally about what must be included in breakfast and how often? What about berries or melon pieces as opposed to just apples/bananas/oranges/pears for fruit choices?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by B3nder
Never stayed at Homewood, but are you saying it's better than the HGI offerings?

I skip the crummy Hampton breakfasts myself (and some Hilton have just as bad as Hampton, but others are better), but I usually eat at HGI.
definitely not better than a cooked to order hgi breakfast
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
definitely not better than a cooked to order hgi breakfast
That's what I figured, was questioning the"favorite" endorsement, unless poster is not including HGI in their motel chain definition.. I haven't stayed ES but assumed wouldn't be as good either because it's "free"* for all rooms. Dunno how ES compares.

From my experience, seems like HGI is the best/most consistent although still a little boring . Then the Hilton/DT have large variance between properties, with some worse than Hampton Inn and some better than HGI.

Last edited by B3nder; Dec 27, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I would generally say that Hampton < Homewood < Embassy Suites. YMMV, but I think this is accurate as a average.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by B3nder
That's what I figured, was questioning the"favorite" endorsement, unless poster is not including HGI in their motel chain definition.. I haven't stayed ES but assumed wouldn't be as good either because it's "free"* for all rooms. Dunno how ES compares.....
You assumed wrong. ES has the best buffet breakfast with a cook to order omelette station. IMO, only a cook to order breakfast from a restaurant can beat it.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Varies widely. I've stayed at Homewood's with really great spreads, and some pretty average (or below). But then, as stated above, Hampton's can vary considerably as well. Sometimes checking TripAdvisor for the specific hotel can help...
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
It does vary but as a general rule I would say there is 85-90% similarity between Hampton and Homewood breakfasts. I may be wrong but Homewood usually has few extra food items or more variety. The non food aspects is where Homewood differentiates itself. First, the breakfast area is much more expansive aka less cramped and part of that is because it also has evening receptions 4 nights a week. Second, as noted above, you get real silverware/plates/bowls and most important to me, coffee mugs. If I am not on the run I absolutely prefer drinking my coffee in a mug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.