Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
At the end of every year there is a discussion about whether a one night stay on Dec 31 counts as a prior year stay or new year stay and I am pretty sure it has been well documented that its a new year stay and that being the case I can't believe Hilton would have a different way of counting when a stay is in their system based on what we have seen from their IT.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:10 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I inquired and was informed registration begins April 27 for double points starting May 6 and possibly 2000 points per stay so basically a continuation of the first promo.
The May 6 - Sep 8 double promo is available now on hhonors. Why would they put it up, with an 'Activate' button now if the registration doesn't begin for 2 more days? Not surprisingly, trying to activate the offer results in an error.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
The May 6 - Sep 8 double promo is available now on hhonors. Why would they put it up, with an 'Activate' button now if the registration doesn't begin for 2 more days? Not surprisingly, trying to activate the offer results in an error.
I saw that too, and the Fine Print isn't that fine - for example, they don't answer the constantly burning question of whether award stays count. And if your "first" stay can be an award stay.

Hope Lauren chimes in soon.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I saw that too, and the Fine Print isn't that fine - for example, they don't answer the constantly burning question of whether award stays count. And if your "first" stay can be an award stay.

Hope Lauren chimes in soon.
Award stays definitely count for the current Points Unlimited promo; it was clearly referenced in the T&C. I have also verified that it works in practice.

What is an eligible stay?
An eligible stay is defined in the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions under Accrual of Points number 3.

which leads to...

3. Accrual of Points
...If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
At the end of every year there is a discussion about whether a one night stay on Dec 31 counts as a prior year stay or new year stay and I am pretty sure it has been well documented that its a new year stay and that being the case I can't believe Hilton would have a different way of counting when a stay is in their system based on what we have seen from their IT.
Yes, I stay at a Hilton every year on 12/31 and it always counts for the following year's totals. However, these promotions have not been consistent in this regard. Different promos have been counted differently over the past decade, and the supposedly "clarifying" language in the FAQs doesn't really clarify as we just proved it can be interpreted different ways by intelligent people.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
Award stays definitely count for the current Points Unlimited promo; it was clearly referenced in the T&C. I have also verified that it works in practice.

What is an eligible stay?
An eligible stay is defined in the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions under Accrual of Points number 3.

which leads to...

3. Accrual of Points
...If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned.
What worked in the current promo does not mean it will be the same in the new promo.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Just to make sure my reading comprehension is correct: If I check out on the 5th of May and completing my 5th stay then I will get the 10k bonus points, right?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:42 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Latest promo with registration here!

Thanks,
Lauren
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by florens
Just to make sure my reading comprehension is correct: If I check out on the 5th of May and completing my 5th stay then I will get the 10k bonus points, right?
YES. Check out May 5th counts in current promotion.
florens likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
YES. Check out May 5th counts in current promotion.
Many thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:43 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all your answers. I have decided to book my stay from May 3 till May 5 to be sure.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
Sorry if I'm being thick, but if I check in on May 5th and check out May 6th do I get the stay bonus?

f I check-in before January 4, 2019, or check-out after May 5, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends
Originally Posted by ashkale
yes is very clear on the nights completed during the promo.
No you don't receive the stay bonus. The last day eligible for a stay bonus under this promo is the night of May 4th, with check out on May 5th.

I can confirm because I had a stay from May 5th with check-out on 6th and this stay posted this morning with no bonus.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Errm if you had a 04-06 stay the 2k points for 04 would have posted.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
Errm if you had a 04-06 stay the 2k points for 04 would have posted.
Exactly.

The question was for 1 night stay 5-6 May, that was not clear. Now is confirmed that such stay is not eligible.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Exactly.

The question was for 1 night stay 5-6 May, that was not clear. Now is confirmed that such stay is not eligible.
But checkout on 06May would count as the first stay for the newer promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.