Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are just weeks away from the end of this promotion. Any speculation on what is next?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Triple Points? Maybe earn points and miles?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Triple points would be nice.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year, wasn't it double points for the rest of the year (after the first promo of the year ended)?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Miles & More FTL, ShebaMiles *G, Hilton Diamond
Any news about the upcoming promo?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have to admit that I am curious as well, primarily because I have a trip second weekend of May and I fear it will fall between promos as I could see them starting the next one after Memorial Day weekend.
biehlermi likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:36 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
Does a night from May 5th till May 6th counts for this unlimited promotion?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by biehlermi
Any news about the upcoming promo?
I inquired and was informed registration begins April 27 for double points starting May 6 and possibly 2000 points per stay so basically a continuation of the first promo.
Miesque and biehlermi like this.

Last edited by HHonors OUTSIDER; Apr 24, 2019 at 7:13 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Goflyer100
Since the new Promo or the continuing Promo starts May 6 my guess is it will count for the previous promo.

Last edited by HHonors OUTSIDER; Apr 24, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My understanding of these promotions is that pretty much always the date the promo ends aka May 5 means you need to be checking out on May 5. You won't qualify if you are checking in for May 5 and checking out on May 6.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Goflyer100
From the FAQ:

If I check-in before January 4, 2019, or check-out after May 5, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.

Your night would not be completed during the promotion period, so the way I read this, it would not count. However, it would appear that a stay from May 4 to May 6 would count as one night.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
From the FAQ:

If I check-in before January 4, 2019, or check-out after May 5, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.

Your night would not be completed during the promotion period, so the way I read this, it would not count. However, it would appear that a stay from May 4 to May 6 would count as one night.
Check in Jan 3 check out Jan 5 would count as 1 night. Check in May 4 check out May 6 may count as 2 nights .
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
My understanding of these promotions is that pretty much always the date the promo ends aka May 5 means you need to be checking out on May 5. You won't qualify if you are checking in for May 5 and checking out on May 6.
In the past it may of gone both ways. Hopefully someone checking in May 5 and out May 6 will let us know .
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Check in Jan 3 check out Jan 5 would count as 1 night. Check in May 4 check out May 6 may count as 2 nights .
I would interpret the language in the opposite manner. The Jan 3 night would be completed on Jan 4, which is within the promotion period. The May 5 night is completed on May 6, which is outside the promotion period. Having said that, our interpretations are irrelevant. Hilton's interpretation is what matters.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I would interpret the language in the opposite manner. The Jan 3 night would be completed on Jan 4, which is within the promotion period. The May 5 night is completed on May 6, which is outside the promotion period. Having said that, our interpretations are irrelevant. Hilton's interpretation is what matters.
Yes I agree how Hilton's IT interprets it counts the most. You also pointed somthing out that I didn't make clear. Historically Hilton counts the check in date so check in Jan 3 out the 4th will not count and check in May 5 out 6 does count. Again historically this is the case without any IT Voodoo. Now take the miles and more promo ending Oct 31st 2018. I had a stay Oct 30 with it showing 2500 miles posted but still hasn't posted to my M&M account. I also had a stay that was check in Oct 31 out Nov 1 that no M&M posted to Honors account but others have posted on FT receiving the miles for a Oct 31 check in one night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.