Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Lost 10 days

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
10,000 point bonus didn't reappear, so I chatted with rep yesterday. They showed I had 4 stays and 8 nights, when I actually have 4 stays and 18 nights. Opened a case for me and overnight I received an email apologizing that they could not fulfill my request and asking that I call. Spoke with rep this am and she also showed 4 stays and 8 nights. My stays have been 5,2,5 and 6 nights, (no combination of those adds up to 8), so I have to assume the 1 in 18 is being dropped for some reason or the counter is being reset at 10 nights. The odd part is that I had the bonus in my account last week, then it disappeared. The rep said she would get the points added and they are now in the account. I'm glad Hilton isn't my bank.
Unless you owed the bank money then you would want Hilton to run the bank lol
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Beano
Unless you owed the bank money then you would want Hilton to run the bank lol
I respectfully disagree. Whether I was a borrower or saver with "Bank of Hilton", I would have little faith in their record keeping. I've had to add a couple of new columns to the Excel spreadsheet that I use to track my points balance. I never bothered tracking stays/night numbers, but now it's important.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My 10,000 points dissapeared too. Is the only way to call?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
My 10,000 points dissapeared too. Is the only way to call?
No. Twitter is much faster.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
My stays have been 5,2,5 and 6 nights, (no combination of those adds up to 8).
You may wish to double check your arithmetic.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kkong42
You may wish to double check your arithmetic.
I must have been using #Hilton math. LOL
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by smmrfld

No. Twitter is much faster.
I sent a mail 10 days ago and they opened a case but up to know nothing else, I doubt very much that it is solved without contacting them again
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You guys make me go check my account every other day to make sure the points are still there.

I'm curious as to the WHY so many of you have had the points taken away? Great if you get them back, but I want to know why they were given and then taken away in the first place. Either you made the correct number of stays or you didn't.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You guys make me go check my account every other day to make sure the points are still there.

I'm curious as to the WHY so many of you have had the points taken away? Great if you get them back, but I want to know why they were given and then taken away in the first place. Either you made the correct number of stays or you didn't.
Hi Eujeanie,

I did the correct number of stays(all paid) and I am sure it is also the case of 95% of us here(if not the 99%).
I guess it is an IT problem @ HH.

Glad to hear you did not have this problem.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by more4less

Hi Eujeanie,

I did the correct number of stays(all paid) and I am sure it is also the case of 95% of us here(if not the 99%).
I guess it is an IT problem @ HH.

Glad to hear you did not have this problem.
I sure hope they get it straightened out. In the meantime I'll continue checking, no reason I wouldn't be at risk, too. I was really concerned because mine included 2 all points stays.

The really odd part is the giving and then the taking away.

My point was I wish someone could figure out WHY, not that I didn't believe you had all done everything correctly.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

Unless I've read incorrectly. The people who have had their earned bonus points removed have all had stays longer than 1 night in length. And I think that is the main problem. As there are two separate trackers, unlike last year. When only the number of stays were being counted. (And I don't think anyone was having bonus point postings being reversed back then.) I'm only doing 1 night stays during this promo, and have not had any problems.... so far.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Unless I've read incorrectly. The people who have had their earned bonus points removed have all had stays longer than 1 night in length. And I think that is the main problem. As there are two separate trackers, unlike last year. When only the number of stays were being counted. (And I don't think anyone was having bonus point postings being reversed back then.) I'm only doing 1 night stays during this promo, and have not had any problems.... so far.
My nights were 1 (paid), 1 (pts), 2 (paid), 2 (paid), 1 (pts)

Just lucky I guess.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
My first 5 stays were 1 night each and my points were removed
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:09 am

My nights were 1 (paid), 1 (pts), 2 (paid), 2 (paid), 1 (pts)

Just lucky I guess.
Thanks Eujeanie, I have 2 stays booked with points in the next few weeks and was not sure if those would also count, in spite of what the T&C say
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:56 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I called two weeks ago regarding points posting then disappearing from my account and the agent I spoke with couldn't see where the points had ever even credited to my account so she opened a ticket stating that I would receive a contact back on Monday letting me know the status of what was going on.

I never received an email at all this week so called the Diamond Desk back tonight (after being told by the chat agent that they could not access my stay history and I would need to call in) and the agent stated that this was a system wide issue and a notice was recently sent out to all of the representatives regarding it. She also stated that the IT Department is actively working on it.

I asked her to go through all of my stays with me anyways so she could add notes which stays were supposed to be credited in case the points did not properly credit after the system corrects itself and she happily did so. Agents CAN now see where the points have been added and then deleted and the deleted points were on the correct stays for the most part so hopefully they will automatically post back after the issue is corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.