Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
My 10,000 points posted with the 6th stay.
Here's a thought: maybe the 10,000 points were going to post after the 5th stay, but with the lag time in posting, you all had another, 6th, stay, and then the points posted, so it just seemed like it was after the 6th, not the 5th?

Anyone have the bonus post after the 5th?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Here's a thought: maybe the 10,000 points were going to post after the 5th stay, but with the lag time in posting, you all had another, 6th, stay, and then the points posted, so it just seemed like it was after the 6th, not the 5th?

Anyone have the bonus post after the 5th?
Yes. I had them post with my 5th stay. Though i had almost a week between my 5th and my 6th.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Interestingly enough I've had 4 stays - (4 nights, 4 nights, 1 night, 1 night).
It's acknowledged the 4 stays on the screen, but no credit for the 10 nights (which should reset the counter).
Potential bug?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, A3 Gold (*G)
I had a 29 Dec - 5 Jan stay and I did not get any points for this promo. Contacted Hilton and they have just manually added the points, while I wanted it to count as a stay
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Points posted for a 10k Hilton stay. It showed up along with a 1k Diamond bonus, making the stay cost 7k points total. I'm in love with Hilton!
Beano likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Points posted for a 10k Hilton stay. It showed up along with a 1k Diamond bonus, making the stay cost 7k points total. I'm in love with Hilton!
Did you have other charges on your folio? ie. did you pay for anything else?
I'm in a similar position and just want to make sure I'll get my 2k points even if I don't have any extra charges.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vd0t
I'm in a similar position and just want to make sure I'll get my 2k points even if I don't have any extra charges.
Technically they made me pay city tax (about 2 euros), but that was it.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by vd0t
I'm wondering about that, too. I guess it would be worth it to buy a candy bar or something just in case?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Yea. I'll try to purchase something small. In the past, the 2k is only triggered if there is a payment.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Like a broken record, I'm going to say once again that the official Hilton line is that one needs incidental charges to get these promotions to post, but after the fact every single time in the past they have posted without any.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I had a 5th stay in early February (a reward night with no incidentals) which had triggered the 2K and 10K point bonus. Tonight I reviewed my account and it’s 10,000 points short. I called and the CSR states that they removed the 10K from my account (and many others) as they should only give the bonus on a money or points and money night/stay. I got off the phone and then went to read up on the promo and per the FAQ:

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points Unlimited” promotion?
Yes – members will earn 2K Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 10,000 Bonus Point award.

I then had another reward night with incidentals. I did get the 2K but still no 10K.

Anyone else have points removed? Or not get the 10K when a reward stay should have triggered the bonus?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My 10000 triggered on a previous stay but after the latest stay now it has been interestingly been moved away from the previous stay to the latest stay. Weird but no complaints here.

i just love that I jumped IHg ship over to Hilton
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by iris30
I had a 5th stay in early February (a reward night with no incidentals) which had triggered the 2K and 10K point bonus. Tonight I reviewed my account and it’s 10,000 points short. I called and the CSR states that they removed the 10K from my account (and many others) as they should only give the bonus on a money or points and money night/stay. I got off the phone and then went to read up on the promo and per the FAQ:

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points Unlimited” promotion?
Yes – members will earn 2K Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 10,000 Bonus Point award.

I then had another reward night with incidentals. I did get the 2K but still no 10K.

Anyone else have points removed? Or not get the 10K when a reward stay should have triggered the bonus?
Well that's not right, you can't change the rules once the race has begun!

I'm in the middle of my stays, two of which were on points...which I would have been happy to change to a most minimal cash and points had I known this, but it's too late now.

Not only is it in the T&Cs quoted, but Lauren even said it at the beginning of this thread that points stays count for the 2,000 as well as the 10,000. I'll be sending her a PM if they don't come through as promised.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by iris30

So, the CSR said that a reward stay would get the 2K bonus points, but that it would not count for the 10K bonus points earned after 5 stays/10 nights?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
So, the CSR said that a reward stay would get the 2K bonus points, but that it would not count for the 10K bonus points earned after 5 stays/10 nights?
Definitely not correct. Of my last 5 stays, 3 were reward stays. Each stay was 1 night.

I received the 2K for each stay and the 10K bonus posted with the 5th stay yesterday (which was a paid stay, for the record).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.