Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I have tried multiple times on multiple devices browsers and an unable to sign up for this promotion. I get to the screen where you enter your user name and password, and after entering them the login seems to lock up and and all I see is a rotating blue circle.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by mazzer
I have tried multiple times on multiple devices browsers and an unable to sign up for this promotion. I get to the screen where you enter your user name and password, and after entering them the login seems to lock up and and all I see is a rotating blue circle.
I tried all day yesterday and this morning, using Chrome on my Mac. Same result as you. About 2 hours ago I tried using FireFox and got right in.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I remember in the previous points unlimited promo that for reward stays, one needed to purchase something (mini bar item, etc) in order to trigger the 2k points. Is that still the case for this promo?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:35 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by vd0t
I remember in the previous points unlimited promo that for reward stays, one needed to purchase something (mini bar item, etc) in order to trigger the 2k points. Is that still the case for this promo?
I remember something like this being stated about the last promotion, but I definitely had some points only bookings last year that triggered the bonus without any expenditure at all.

I have no idea if this promotion will work the same way, particularly as Hilton have had an IT change.

If you do think it needs some expenditure an alternative to purchasing from the minibar might be to use the slider so that the amount of points you are spending is 1000 less than the maximum to trigger a small cash amount due.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
I'm in the same boat. I have tried 3 different browsers on 4 different computers on 2 different networks. Very frustrating.!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
Angry

Originally Posted by furballs
I'm in the same boat. I have tried 3 different browsers on 4 different computers on 2 different networks. Very frustrating.!
And to add insult to injury, you can't sign up using the mobile apps......
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Great promo! Had a stay January 2-4 which already posted

Code:
2019 Points Unlimited 0 2000
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Qwkynuf
Firefox worked first time, having repeatedly had no success with Chrome and MS Explorer for the last week
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by dabee69
Great promo! Had a stay January 2-4 which already posted

Code:
2019 Points Unlimited 0 2000

Same here.

Like others i would be better off with the double points but something is better than nothing.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Thoughts on the New 2019 Promotion

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2019 Hilton promotion that started on Janauary 4? Seems like a repeat but like everyone else, Hilton has devalued earned points over the years so I am trying to decide whether to spend my dollars at Hilton this year given that I am not going to be staying at Marriott/SPG hotels and Hyatt is not an option for me.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mazzer
I had the same issues,but was able to have a rep take care of it through Chat and it shows on my account now
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Anyone have any thoughts on the 2019 Hilton promotion that started on Janauary 4? Seems like a repeat but like everyone else, Hilton has devalued earned points over the years so I am trying to decide whether to spend my dollars at Hilton this year given that I am not going to be staying at Marriott/SPG hotels and Hyatt is not an option for me.
1. If you can do all one-night stays (hotel hopping?), you can get 20000 bonus points every 5 stays (= 5 nights in that case): 2000 points per stay X 5, plus 10000 points for 5 stays (not even counting the "normal" points you'd earn on those stays!).

2. There are still hotels out there (including nice HGIs) that charge 20000 points per night or close to it. So if you need a stay at one those, you're getting about 1 night for every 5 paid nights (if each night is a separate stay).

It all depends on how you are going to use your Hilton points. I have points in many (most) hotel programs, so in each place I need to stay, I evaluate which program works the best. So I don't need Hilton to work everywhere, I know that it still works some places pretty well for non-aspirational stays (ie, at some HGIs, some Hamptons, etc), and for me that's good enough.

It also depends how close you can come to doing only 1-night stays, and in multiples of 5. The further you diverge from that, the poorer this promo becomes. Also, there's no benefit in the promo to staying in expensive hotels, you might as well stay at the least-expensive-to-you (factoring in any incidental expenses that might be different for different hotels) HH hotel in the area for this promo.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I found this one to be very lucrative the last time (i think it's the exact same as one of the prior promotions).

But yea, if you have a lot of longer stays it's not quite so good. I do a ton of one and two night stays though, so it works well for me.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Suggest you take a look at the existing thread here: Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.