Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Just checking...you only need one multi-night stay to change a run of single nights from nights to stays?

For example, if my trip, in nights, is 1,2,1,1,1, - that is 5 stays, and gets the 10K pt bonus, even though only one stay was not a single night? Whereas a trip of all single nights would need 10 to get the bonus?
I think you get the bonus after 5 stays or 10 nights, whichever comes first. So 12111 will get you the bonus after those 6 nights, and 11111 will get you the bonus after those 5 nights.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I think you get the bonus after 5 stays or 10 nights, whichever comes first. So 12111 will get you the bonus after those 6 nights, and 11111 will get you the bonus after those 5 nights.
Hmmm...that doesn't make sense to me...if what you say is true, where does the 10 nights come into the picture?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hmmm...that doesn't make sense to me...if what you say is true, where does the 10 nights come into the picture?
If you do 3-5-2 you have 10 nights but only 3 stays. So you would get the bonus for 10 nights, even though you don't have 5 stays yet. Both counters (nights and stays) would reset to zero, and you would be ready to try for another bonus.

In other words, the 10 nights come into the picture if you get to 10 nights before you get to 5 stays.
Voodoo Daddy likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by gemac
If you do 3-5-2 you have 10 nights but only 3 stays. So you would get the bonus for 10 nights, even though you don't have 5 stays yet. Both counters (nights and stays) would reset to zero, and you would be ready to try for another bonus.

In other words, the 10 nights come into the picture if you get to 10 nights before you get to 5 stays.
I was referring to Escape4, who said they thought 5 one nights were 5 stays. If that's true, that's great. I mistakenly thought 5 one nights were 5 nights, and therefore only half way there. Glad I was wrong.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:38 am

11111 means 5 separate stays of 1 night. You have 5 stays, 5 nights. You have reached 5 stays before reaching 10 nights, you get the bonus.
Or as @gemac mentioned, if you have 352 then you have reached 10 nights before reaching 5 stays. You get the bonus.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by escape4
11111 means 5 separate stays of 1 night. You have 5 stays, 5 nights. You have reached 5 stays before reaching 10 nights, you get the bonus.
Or as @gemac mentioned, if you have 352 then you have reached 10 nights before reaching 5 stays. You get the bonus.
Thank you. I tend to overthink things.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi, Lauren:

If I hit the 10 night point after the third night of a 5 night stay, I should get 10,000 bonus points and my stay and night counters should reset to zero. When I check out, my night counter should be at 2 (the 4th and 5th nights). Would my stay counter be at zero or one? I guess I am asking if the stay is credited at the beginning or end of the stay.

Is there any way we can see our stay and night counters for this promo? We would like to help Hilton by making sure they are operating properly.
Bonuses are awarded based on checkout. If the 10K bonus is triggered by nights, the stay counter would reset to 0 ; nights: 2.

While there aren't any plans to include a tracker for this upcoming promotion, we do have this on the "To Do" list and working towards it for future promotions.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Bonuses are awarded based on checkout. If the 10K bonus is triggered by nights, the stay counter would reset to 0 ; nights: 2.

While there aren't any plans to include a tracker for this upcoming promotion, we do have this on the "To Do" list and working towards it for future promotions.

Thank you!
Lauren
Thanks, Lauren. If we call in, can the representative tell us how many nights and stays we have for the promotion?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was referring to Escape4, who said they thought 5 one nights were 5 stays. If that's true, that's great. I mistakenly thought 5 one nights were 5 nights, and therefore only half way there. Glad I was wrong.
Just to be clear, 5 one-nights are 5 stays, as long as they are not back-to-back at the same hotel. Check out of that hotel, cross the street and check into another Hilton, and then cross back again, and 5 nights become 5 stays. Make 5 separate reservations for one night each at the same property for 5 consecutive days, and you have one stay.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Sooo, what are the best 1k/night properties?

There hasn't been a better time for longer stays in cheap hotels with a partner. Just need to find a 5k/night hotel, both to have HH account and booking the hotels on both accounts for every other night. The result is 5k - 2k (per stay bonus) - 2k (after 5 stays 10k bonus) = 1k/night.

Even without the points purchase campaign, the 1000 points comes out at just 10USD, with the now expired 100% bonus it would've been 5USD.

So 2-month stay will cost just 300/600USD and both will be Diamonds by the end. Talk about value...
HGI Bali is where you want to go
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:45 am

Just to be clear, 5 one-nights are 5 stays, as long as they are not back-to-back at the same hotel. Check out of that hotel, cross the street and check into another Hilton, and then cross back again, and 5 nights become 5 stays. Make 5 separate reservations for one night each at the same property for 5 consecutive days, and you have one stay.
Indeed this is always how it has been, and not only for the purposes of this promo.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thank you. I tend to overthink things.
I have found this mixing of stays and nights for qualification in the same promo rather confusing myself.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have found this mixing of stays and nights for qualification in the same promo rather confusing myself.
Thank you, I just like to make sure I cross all the T's etc. so I don't get to the end of a promo and find I misinterpreted something and don't qualify.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It's a little confusing, but it's nice of them to offer both ways to earn the bonus. Marriott's current promo is bad - bonuses only earned on stays of 2+ nights, starting with the second stay. That doesn't work at all for my husband's work stays which are almost always 1 night. So he's stayed at Hiltons and Hyatts this quarter.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally I do not like these and prefer 2x or whatever, however in Q1 I should have a lot of short stays <3 nights, so its ok.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.