Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo

Old Feb 27, 19, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Sorry if I'm being thick, but if I check in on May 5th and check out May 6th do I get the stay bonus?

f I check-in before January 4, 2019, or check-out after May 5, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends
Old Feb 27, 19, 1:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
yes is very clear on the nights completed during the promo.
RafKa likes this.
Old Feb 27, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Maybe someone knows how this work. I have an upcoming 5 night stay - two rooms at the hotel and its all paid for via points. So that my husband's account can also get enough stays, can I have one of the rooms be under his HH number? I have his name on the room reservation. Also, if I paid with all points so that I could get the 5th night free, can I (or should I) change to points and dollars? I also don't mind charging something to the room if that helps to trigger the promotion.
Old Feb 28, 19, 8:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iris30 View Post
I had a 5th stay in early February (a reward night with no incidentals) which had triggered the 2K and 10K point bonus. Tonight I reviewed my account and it’s 10,000 points short. I called and the CSR states that they removed the 10K from my account (and many others) as they should only give the bonus on a money or points and money night/stay. I got off the phone and then went to read up on the promo and per the FAQ:

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points Unlimited” promotion?
Yes – members will earn 2K Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 10,000 Bonus Point award.

I then had another reward night with incidentals. I did get the 2K but still no 10K.

Anyone else have points removed? Or not get the 10K when a reward stay should have triggered the bonus?
Well mine just worked perfectly.

Since I thought I was going to have issues because of my points nights anyway, I did not so much as buy a candy bar.

So 3 paid stays, 2 all points stays (with no incidental purchases) resulted in 2K each stay plus the 10K bonus.

If they take anything back I'll let you know, but I doubt it. There would be a terrible outcry if they said one thing in the beginning and then changed it. Iris30 should PM Lauren and find out why it happened to them.
Old Mar 1, 19, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/CCarlson/HH:Silver; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Well mine just worked perfectly.

Since I thought I was going to have issues because of my points nights anyway, I did not so much as buy a candy bar.

So 3 paid stays, 2 all points stays (with no incidental purchases) resulted in 2K each stay plus the 10K bonus.

If they take anything back I'll let you know, but I doubt it. There would be a terrible outcry if they said one thing in the beginning and then changed it. Iris30 should PM Lauren and find out why it happened to them.
Even when you go to to the T&Cs of this promo on their website, it states that is correct. There is a FAQ link to click on, and the third or forth "question" from the bottom scroll asks this very point. And Hilton's specific response is that award stays will earn both the 2K points per stay and count towards the 5 stays/10 nights for 10K point bonus. There is even a "print" icon on that page for someone to use for proof.
Old Mar 1, 19, 2:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
Even when you go to to the T&Cs of this promo on their website, it states that is correct. There is a FAQ link to click on, and the third or forth "question" from the bottom scroll asks this very point. And Hilton's specific response is that award stays will earn both the 2K points per stay and count towards the 5 stays/10 nights for 10K point bonus. There is even a "print" icon on that page for someone to use for proof.
Totally agree.

But when someone a few posts back said they were given the points, then had them taken away, and were told the reason was because points stays didn't count, it made one wonder.
Old Mar 4, 19, 2:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Melia Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I have a problem.
Just finished my 7th stay for this year. All 7 stays were paid btw.
The points have posted correctly but at the same time the 10K bonus points that posted after my 5th stay (for the Points Unlimited promo) have disappeared...??
Has anybody experienced the same problem? 10 K bonus points posted correctly but disappeared again weeks later...?
Can Lauren be of any help...?
Thanks
Old Mar 4, 19, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio View Post
The points have posted correctly but at the same time the 10K bonus points that posted after my 5th stay (for the Points Unlimited promo) have disappeared...??
Has anybody experienced the same problem? 10 K bonus points posted correctly but disappeared again weeks later...?
Happened to me as well, the 10K seemed to disappear when they removed the 5K APAC Visa card bonus which was awarded to many (all?) people in error.

I sent an e-mail, to which I received no reply, but the points were later restored as follows:

Old Mar 4, 19, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by Delectatio View Post
I have a problem.
Can Lauren be of any help...?
Thanks
Same situation here, I will wait a few days before contacting the Diamond Desk hoping it is solved in the meantime
Old Mar 5, 19, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iris30 View Post
I had a 5th stay in early February (a reward night with no incidentals) which had triggered the 2K and 10K point bonus. Tonight I reviewed my account and it’s 10,000 points short. I called and the CSR states that they removed the 10K from my account (and many others) as they should only give the bonus on a money or points and money night/stay. I got off the phone and then went to read up on the promo and per the FAQ:

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points Unlimited” promotion?
Yes – members will earn 2K Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 10,000 Bonus Point award.

I then had another reward night with incidentals. I did get the 2K but still no 10K.

Anyone else have points removed? Or not get the 10K when a reward stay should have triggered the bonus?

After an unsuccessful online chat with a rep over the w/e I called today (800.548.8690). The rep could see the 10K had been removed but didn't know why - although she said it looked as though I had still received the 12K (2+10)??? I assured her my overall points balance was short 10K. She put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor who credited me the points. In looking online tonight it now shows up as "Promotional Credit". It not tied to the 5th stay so hopefully when I hit the next 5 stays/10 nights, the bonus will post as it should.

To add to this, the rep said that she had not heard that the bonus had been removed from members accounts but that the supervisor was aware therefore crediting the points back was a simple fix for the supervisor.

Last edited by iris30; Mar 5, 19 at 12:25 am Reason: Added info
Old Mar 8, 19, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the 10,000 point bonus post a few days after my 5th stay (7th night) and despite the problems others have had I thought this promotion might be troublefree for me. But since that initial 5 stay bonus posted, I haven’t received any 10,000 point bonuses even though I have now completed 12 additional stays.
Old Mar 8, 19, 10:55 am

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Had three of them posting smoothly (along with the regular earnings), after 5th, 10th and 15th stay. Each time these showed up the day after checking out.

But indeed, unfortunately one is forced to keep records in Excel, otherwise you wouldn't notice anything missing.
Old Mar 9, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Just finished a 13 night stay across three different properties. Had a three night stay earlier in the year. I saw the 10,000 bonus post in the detail for the middle property on this last run and today it's no longer there nor is it reflected in my points total. I'll let it sit for a few days and see if it returns on its own.
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:00 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
My account is a total mess, all my bonus points have disappeared and the base points for a few of my stays as well (the stays still show but if I click on expand there is nothing).

I've called the Diamond line and was told that it is an IT glitch and that they would attempt to manually post the points. They did and the points showed for a day before disappearing again!
Old Mar 13, 19, 7:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
10,000 point bonus didn't reappear, so I chatted with rep yesterday. They showed I had 4 stays and 8 nights, when I actually have 4 stays and 18 nights. Opened a case for me and overnight I received an email apologizing that they could not fulfill my request and asking that I call. Spoke with rep this am and she also showed 4 stays and 8 nights. My stays have been 5,2,5 and 6 nights, (no combination of those adds up to 8), so I have to assume the 1 in 18 is being dropped for some reason or the counter is being reset at 10 nights. The odd part is that I had the bonus in my account last week, then it disappeared. The rep said she would get the points added and they are now in the account. I'm glad Hilton isn't my bank.

Last edited by birdiedouble; Mar 13, 19 at 8:23 am

Search this Thread